Scruggs Automotive.

So i searched a little bit, but nothing that recent came up. whats the word on Scruggs Automotive in general? In the past most of the reviews were pretty good but those were 2 years ago. It may be a bit late to ask since I’ve already scheduled to have my lower ball joint replaced today (good amount less then the dealership and my normal shop couldn’t get the car done till nex, but i figured I’d ask.

I’ve had good experience with them.

They installed my fiancées air ride last year. Have not had a single problem or leak with the system.

They’ve done a few alignments for me and they all came out great. Good dudes there for sure

Jeff is the man for suspension work among other things. FYI he use to own a hydro/air ride shop on fletcher in NT. I can’t think of the name of it now

You had the Yaris right? And I think it was elite, but don’t quote me on that. Turns out its the upper control arm. These cars are known for ball joints/control arms going bad so I just had them replace it, I guess the lexus dealer was wrong and the lowers were still ok (for now) ill prob replace them later this year. It’s hard spending money when the car seems to be driving fine, but with brand new tires I figured ill just take care of everything now

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

And hopefully they do a good job because my other car is having this weird suspension issue where t sways side to side in the rear on the highway

Yep the ladies car is the yaris :slight_smile:

They also helped me with a new clutch and some air ride stuff for my bagged s10. Really good quality work and decent prices too.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

If you don’t mind me asking how much did they charge for the yaris. (you can PM me if you would like.) I only ask because I have another air ride project in mind but don’t want to do it all since my work schedule is crazy.

Well they just finished the car, it ony took a few hours and I feel bad because I told them it was the ball joint( according to the dealer, but I was wrong). Price was half that of what the dealer would have charged. Hopefully I can pick up the car before tey close. They also scanned the CEL for me and told me what it was (o2 sensor ill replace that when I have time over the summer).

Jeff has helped me with so many things on my MK4. He’s great to deal with.

Jeff used to own Elite, which is now Swiderski.

He’s a really good friend, and I recommend tons of people to go see him. He is very fairly priced.

1sikBMW, shoot me a PM if you want for any air questions, I sold Lydia and Steve the kit for her car and can assist with install cost questions too.

I’m just surprised the dealer said the lower was what should hve been replaced, but I ended up replacing the upper. I could have done it myself but its done and over with

only thing i have to comment with is that they were superrrrrr nice and helpful on the phone when i was asking about an alignment. most places i talked to were rude or trying to rush me off the phone and get me into the shop to spend money. whoever i spoke with was pretty rad and answered all the dumb questions i had. :slight_smile:

Thats it

Lj use to work there, that’s who comes to my mind when I think about them. They do excellent work, a few of my friends are very close with the people there 06specv(jake) knos them well.

Got the car back, all in all very pleased. Alignment still seems a little off, but i think it may just be the road. Price was half of what the dealer would have charged for the same thing. The job was done quickly got the car back the same way as i left it (I’ve gotten it back with oil all over the steering wheel/ shifter from some places). Jeff seemed like a really nice guy to. I’d definitely recommend them.

Drive it a few days. It’s probably just in the tires.

Thats what i figured since they are brand new, iwas suppsoed to have the dealer do it, but after i found out i had to start replacing stuff i figured i would bring it somewhere else

:tup: to jeff and his dad