Stealership v.Schmitts

I will try to keep this brief.
The air suspension was not working correctly on the ALLROAD.
The shop next to my business said they didn’t want to work on it.
The VW dealer said no as well.
So I took it to Schmitts as a last ditch effort.

Schmitts ordeal as follows…
“you need a new compressor and maybe other parts too. The compressor installed is $988.”
“We also did recall work on your headlight wiring.”
I told them not to install the compressor.
When I picked up the car there was a light flashing on the dash which was a headlight dimmer fault.
They replaced the headlight switch and told me the light would stay on because I didn’t fix the suspension. Keep in mind this light was never on before they “fixed” the wiring.
I pick up the car the next day after they “detailed” it.
It looked like someone wiped the gage cluster with a muddy rag so I went back in and asked them to clean it.
I wouldn’t call it a detail, I would call it a “wax & partial wax removal”.

Next - The shop next to my business…
I asked them to pull the compressor so I could see if I could rebuid it, etc.
They pulled the fuse and then plugged it back in.
VOILA! the air suspension works just fine now!!!
(No charge)
I also asked them to look at the skid plate because it seemed to be hanging low.
Well low and behold when Schmitts changed the oil, etc they left several of the screws out!!!
The light for the headlight leveling system is still flashing even though everything else is fully functional.

The last time I went to Schmitts was about 8 years ago but that is a whole other, longer story.

I hate theives, especially incompetent ones.

IB4HRK

haha …fuck you joel

im out of schmitts stories that i havent yet toldi beleive …so i have nothing fun to add to this thread

So why did you go there in the first place? Take it to Jason

[quote=“POOPRA,post:4,topic:31329"”]

So why did you go there in the first place? Take it to Jason

[/quote]

I will next time but, i figured if the VW dealer was hesitant then I figured I should go right to the Audi dealer for this “unique” repair.

Which one did you go to?

the only schmitts there is

as opposed to schmidts, which has multiple locations

Schmitt’s is the Audi dealer.
Or should I say the ONLY local Audi dealer.

Schmitt’s rep is so bad that my brother drives all the way to Holtz or Stoddard for service!!!

WORST AUDI DEALER EVER.

How did you not know this already?

I find that schmidts parts department is helpful, never serviced my car there though. Heard way too many horror stories.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:9,topic:31329"”]

WORST AUDI DEALER EVER.

How did you not know this already?

[/quote]

Was that directed at me?
If so, read my posts again.

oh ok my bad lol…i read title as Schmitt’s versus Stealership…with Schmitt Collision in mind…continue on…

[quote=“POOPRA,post:10,topic:31329"”]

I find that schmidts parts department is helpful, never serviced my car there though. Heard way too many horror stories.

[/quote]

uh ?

does jim not work there anymore ? lol

i walked back up to parts with soooo many wrong parts in thee 5 years i worked there … one day i got so pissed i started punting parts from the body shop and onto the loading dock

probably sent $600+ in new parts flying

woot, theres my required story … just thought of another but ill save it for nexttime

that is some ef’ed up shit

Thanks again for the props, y’all. Actually, right this second I’m booked through 7/3, however there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It is extremely likely that in a short amount of time, I will have a 3200 sq ft shop within 2 miles of Schmitts. And yes, I’ll be an advertiser on here in a very short time as well.

Jason D.

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:13,topic:31329"”]

uh ?

does jim not work there anymore ? lol

i walked back up to parts with soooo many wrong parts in thee 5 years i worked there … one day i got so pissed i started punting parts from the body shop and onto the loading dock

probably sent $600+ in new parts flying

woot, theres my required story … just thought of another but ill save it for nexttime

[/quote]

I dunno its a older bald guy that has helped me the few times that I have gone in to get parts. I never had any problems, and I have ordered some obscure parts for a obscure car

[quote=“bracketracer,post:15,topic:31329"”]

Thanks again for the props, y’all. Actually, right this second I’m booked through 7/3, however there is light at the end of the tunnel.

It is extremely likely that in a short amount of time, I will have a 3200 sq ft shop within 2 miles of Schmitts. And yes, I’ll be an advertiser on here in a very short time as well.

Jason D.

[/quote]

Nice to know, I was wondering if you were just going to continue working out of the house or start something yourself.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:16,topic:31329"”]

I dunno its a older bald guy that has helped me the few times that I have gone in to get parts. I never had any problems, and I have ordered some obscure parts for a obscure car

[/quote]

Who, Ralph? Ralph rocks. I’ve had no problems with the parts dept there. Every other dept…yeah, lots of problems.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:17,topic:31329"”]

Nice to know, I was wondering if you were just going to continue working out of the house or start something yourself.

[/quote]

you know…working out of the house is easy, and overhead is cheap, but it’s really time to do this the right way. I’ve found the right property, got my business plan 2/3rd’s of the way done, got funding on the way, and a good customer base full of lost souls from Premium who have nowhere else to go that they trust. The timing is right.

[quote=“bracketracer,post:18,topic:31329"”]

Who, Ralph? Ralph rocks. I’ve had no problems with the parts dept there. Every other dept…yeah, lots of problems.

[/quote]

Yeah now that I think of it, might of been Ralph. I dont know him on a first name basis yet, I guess thats a good thing. :tup: Ralph I guess