SeAD this coming weekend (8/11-8/12)

anyone? anyone?

looking to get out there for at least the FLR event Sun, and hopefully the test & tune Sat also barring anyMORE unforeseen issues with the car.

any of you guys who have been there and camped on the field lmk how that works- this will be our 1st time at SeAD… do you just pick a spot when you get there or do you have to let someone know you’re doing that in advance or…?

I was going to start a thread on this considering I’m co-chairing the events, but I’m trying to get a confirmation on the price before I go posting it all over the place. :slight_smile:

Yes, saturday is a test-n-tune, registration starts at 10 and first car off is around 11. Sunday will be a normal event.

You can’t camp on site – camping is at Sampson State Park which is across the street. It’s $16/night for a site. You can reserve it online but they charge you an extra 9 bucks, which I think is a waste of money that could otherwise be spent on beer . . . anyway . . .

Here are the good directions, since people keep getting lost en route: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Exit+42+%4042.952930,+-76.980830&daddr=Serven+Rd+%4042.900490,+-76.948460+to:6471+RT-96A,+Romulus,+NY+14541&mra=pr&sll=42.945994,-76.983604&sspn=0.057048,0.08111&ie=UTF8&ll=42.900113,-76.947727&spn=0.11418,0.16222&z=13&om=1

FLR 2007 Test and Tunes

Saturday, August 11 - Seneca Army Depot

The purpose of these are to allow the most seat time possible outside of a school. Use this time for dialing in suspension setup, shift points, brakes, adjusting to new tires, etc., or simply getting plenty of practice at a specific venue.

Help with Set up/Clean up is always needed and appreciated.

Cost: $20 for Saturday or $35 Members/$45 Non-members for Sat & Sun

Schedule:
9:00 Set up
10:00 Registration/tech
11:00-4:00 Test session
4:00 Clean up/Begin set up for Sunday

so you can just show up @ the campgrounds anytime & grab a spot or…? like prolly sat after the t&t? the way its looking now we’ll prolly b driving out early sat morning

I’ll be down there on Sunday… with a co-driver for the first time!

that’s what I’m planning to do (friday night). I’ve always reserved online in the past but I really see no reason to.

[quote=“stmotorsports,post:4,topic:33575"”]

so you can just show up @ the campgrounds anytime & grab a spot or…? like prolly sat after the t&t? the way its looking now we’ll prolly b driving out early sat morning

[/quote]

[quote=“Silver,post:5,topic:33575"”]

I’ll be down there on Sunday… with a co-driver for the first time!

[/quote]

is it your mom?!?

Lol, no… Mama Silver still doesn’t want to compete. But she will be there with Grandma Silver.

Jim Perrin is co-driving as a thanks for letting me drive his car last week.

Not like I should talk, but… are you prepared?

http://home.earthlink.net/~chromboy/ScotchBlueTape2.jpg

[quote=“Silver,post:8,topic:33575"”]

Lol, no… Mama Silver still doesn’t want to compete. But she will be there with Grandma Silver.

Jim Perrin is co-driving as a thanks for letting me drive his car last week.

[/quote]

You know, and I was all set not to go this weekend, but seeing Jim in a mid engine car just might be worth it. Not that I enjoy carnage or anything:)

Anyone want to let me mooch a ride?

You know, the cone carnage never even dawned on me. Well, you’ll see him blue taping up the bumper and other choice areas before we start :stuck_out_tongue:

From experience with the MR2 and Yeoh with his Boxter, it might not be a bad idea to get the rear bumper too. :wink:

Ahaha, I was going to say that from the stories I’ve heard maybe I should tape up the roof too. Then it dawned on me that it’s a convertible. Then I thought about him knocking cones into the car, and I laughed out loud.

I may have to blue tape my helmet…

Nah, even Jim can’t recreate the cone mark on the roof, and I wouldn’t recomend trying.

[quote=“Silver,post:13,topic:33575"”]

Ahaha, I was going to say that from the stories I’ve heard maybe I should tape up the roof too. Then it dawned on me that it’s a convertible. Then I thought about him knocking cones into the car, and I laughed out loud.

[/quote]

I was kicking gravel in through the sunroof last weekend. :gotme:

[quote=“MXS,post:16,topic:33575"”]

I was kicking gravel in through the sunroof last weekend. :gotme:

[/quote]

funny how going backwards does that :rx3:

[quote=“dp2387,post:10,topic:33575"”]

You know, and I was all set not to go this weekend, but seeing Jim in a mid engine car just might be worth it. Not that I enjoy carnage or anything:)

Anyone want to let me mooch a ride?

[/quote]

Sure, some competition in ES would be nice. :wave:

Cool, thanks Bret. I’m not 100% sure I’ll be there, I may get stuck working as a favor, but it looks like I may be able to get out of that. So if I can, I’ll see you there.

umm… i am planning to attend but I dunno about driving there sunday morning… who is going to camp out on sat night? let me know ASAP I would like to go with anyone.

Do you have to have your own tent? I dont’ have a tent, just a sleeping bag lol.