FLR Autocross @ Seneca Army Depot 6/24

sunday sunday sunday! first event of the year at Seneca Army Depot (our very best site). All the info is HERE including preregistration.

Tech Inspection: 8:15 - 9:45 a.m.
Novice Meeting and Course Walk: 9:45 a.m.
Drivers Meeting: 10:10 a.m.
First Car Off: 10:30 a.m.

Entry fees: SCCA Member: $20, Non-member: $30

the Test & Tune scheduled for saturday has been cancelled.

if you haven’t been here you need to check it out, we typically run 70-80 second courses. and note the lack of poles, curbs, and walls to hit.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/66/196697020_b180f8038b.jpg
I love this place!

I wasn’t totally clear on the mention of this event at BIMP, is this, or is this not a points event for WNY?

I would, but the wagon wont have a transmission by then.

it is a WNY points event (out of region)… so ill be there

there is a campground right across the street if you guys don’t want to get up at the ass-crack of dawn to drive out there from Buffalo.

are out of region points any different than regular WNY events?

nope theyre the same

bump. are there any other wny drivers going for points?

Is this going to be a fast/cool/fun Seneca event, or a slow/lame/boring Seneca event?

Who’s doing the course design?

I THINK it’s Jason Gassman and Alan Schoonmacher, I know they are chairing a Seneca event together and this might be the one

Just make sure you watch for the white deer.

or a certain green neon possibly making an appearance…:smiley:

As for the course design, I believe that Jason/Alan are going to take one that I did last year as a starting point and revise or remove the controversial elements. As I recall the layout tried to maximize the width of the runway, crossing across the centerline at least a half dozen times.

I seem to remember a nice long sweeper coming out of the turnaround that set you up for a drift into a slalom in the “P” area.

I’ll share more info after setup tomorrow.

George M (AS 91)

sounds good george :slight_smile:

The course looks good for tomorrow. There are several elements that we have seen before at SeAD, as well as a few variations. However, I’d say that it is a fairly easy course to follow. We are running the same end of the runway as usual.

We start on the right side (lakeside), and work all the way down to the end on that side with offsets, a short slalom, and a couple of extended Chicago box style elements followed a long sweepers across the whole runway. For the something different at the turnaround, we’ll be doing a skidpad clockwise at the fueling square off the lakeside of the main runway. From there we crossover to the other side of the runway for a right sweeper drift into an optional slalom that cuts across the first of the three legs of the “P”. In the second leg of the “P”, we’ll see stairstep wiggle tunnel boxes that will benefit narrow cars. The last leg of the “P” continues the fast action in the “P” with a hyper-extended slalom with pointer mini-walls at each cone to help with the visuals. Once back on the runway, it’s slalom type action back to the finish in three segments. The first is a gates, followed by a nice open slalom with a missing man gate in the middle ending with a short tighter slalom to scrub off some speed to allow for an open blast thru the finish.

Alan and Jason did a great job with the layout. It’s guaranteed to add more heat to you tires than your brakes. The times should be in the 70-90 second range. It’s a long course so make sure and get there early so that you have time to walk it. And don’t forget to bring your sunscreen and plenty of fluids.

George M (AS 91)

Wow…sounds fun. I don’t think ill be able to make it in time for competition, however, I may come out to spectate later in the day. It’s such a drive…but worth it!

ill be there bright and early to memorize this long course…

ass crack of dawn. i wish i had done this, see you all there…

lol @ speedracers posttime, 5:51am. yup. Thats ass-crack of dawn alright :lol:

ugh, i woke up, but we were out until late last night… 3 hours of sleep and then driving 2 hours I was not feeling it at all :frowning:

kind of pissed though now