SeAD Grand Prix Event 2 (7/16) - ***WNY/FLR OOR POINTS***

This one is a points event for WNY, and is going to be the best OOR available. If you need to gain some ground in your class, this is the one to go to. The longer course is a little more forgiving, so if you only make one mistake (as long as it isn’t a spin), it won’t hurt you as much as it would at a smaller event, like LES.

If you haven’t tried autox yet, or you have and didn’t like the short courses, this is one to check out.

For those that don’t know, Seneca Army Depot (SeAD) is located in Seneca Falls, so if you are out that way, you should stop by and check it out.

Directions from Buffalo:
-Take NYS Thruway (I-90) East to Exit 42 (Geneva), take Rte. 14 South -Travel about 3 mi, turn Left on Packwood Rd (flashing light) -Travel 1.5 mi, turn Right on Serven Rd -Travel 1.5 mi, turn Left, then immediate Right on Rte. 20 (traffic light) -Travel 0.3 mi, turn Left on Rte 96A (South) -Entrance is 12.8 mi on the Left (1.5 mi past Sampson State Park) -Sign at entrance reads ‘Fire and Police Training Center’ -Go left at the gate (before State Police building) -Take 2nd right (before other buildings)

Sidenote - I will need some timing help - if anyone is planning on attending, please let me know so I can figure some things out.

I’ll be there again. It’s an OOR event for FLR also.

fixed.

I’ll be there. If its anything like the course they did last year it was FAST.

Jon - do you have any idea what they are doing for a course?

My guess is there will be a part at the beginning where you are stopped, then some cones, some turns, maybe a slalom or two, then another part at the end where you need to stop again :stuck_out_tongue:

Just found out tonight that the Glen Region (this week’s host) is not charging the $5 Seneca Grand Prix surcharge, and their events only cost $15. So you’re saving $10 over last week. That might almost buy you gas there and back! :smiley:

yea, i think i’ll make it this week. I havn’t been autoxing for a while, and I am craving. HOpefully andy and I will cruise together there.

If you cruise with Andy, I hope you make it before registration closes, and/or you don’t get a speeding ticket on the way. :lol:

Alright, I think I can say with confidence that I will be there. New konis installed in the front and broken stud is fixed. I hope I can remember what I am doing…

if anyone else wants to cruise out from Rochester, we meet at dunkin donuts on East Ave (between Culver and Winton), edit 7:30 AM.

ok I JUST noticed the different time for this event – registration opens at 8:30, not 7:30.

ehh, it’s 430 am and i can’t sleep wth… and i gotta get going at 545 lol.

Ughhh… I wish I woulda noticed this earlier… I woulda gone too.

Just picked up the MR2 and want to learn to drive it, but I didn’t know there was an event this weekend anywhere around within an hour.

worst organization event evar!! drove 4 hrs for 3 runs :-\

don’t be too disappointed. Although the course was fun, and it felt nice to be back we only got three runs, its all the way over on seneca lake and it was extremely hot. ECCN on 7/30…

Hot doesn’t begin to describe it out there today. I am soooo burnt - and I had spf30 on. Plus, like Long said, worst organization I have ever seen. I would rather have gone to one of the rain events we had at the beginning of the year. I am not good enough (at all), but especially when it comes to doing my best in 3 runs. 1 more would have sealed the deal for me. So the next time someone asks you “Hey, lets go to a Glen Region event!” - just say NO!

But on the bright side - it only cost $15.

I guess in that respect we got what we paid for… :lol:

Yeah, that was a disaster. To their defense, I was talking with their solo chair, the largest event they had in the past was 60 people back in 2000. Their usual turnout is closer to 30-40 people, so 110 was a little over their heads… and remember, only 5 mph in the pits guys.

…and watch for deer!!!