Sears craftsman RANT!

Danaher Tool Group. They are a major supplier of Sears Craftsman hardline tools.

As JayS stated, rust is not covered under warranty by any tool company. Snap-On, Matco, Mac included. If your dealer covers them under warranty he is most likely “eating it” just to keep you as a customer.

^good to know :)…

I guess they were just being kind, ill be sure to take care of them better this time around :slight_smile:

You should put a couple silica gel packets into your tool box/case.

think thatd really help?

Hydrosorbent Silica Gel Packs prevent condensation, rust, mildew and corrosion in closed storage spaces. Put one in a tool cabinet, box, or drawer to prevent damage to expensive tools. Each pack protects 3 cubic feet.

Its not going to remove rust but help prevent rust from forming. Im talking about your new tool case that you may be receiving not your old one.

moth balls!!

spoke to soon… claim was denied…

I’ll be cleaning these this weekend :-p… damn

I love Craftsman stuff because I don’t have to take care of it. Ratchet left out in the yard to rust, and it no longer works? Free replacement. Ratchet broken while using it as a hammer? Free replacement. Their shitty cordless drill died and it’s barely a year old though, and I actually was easy on it because it’s not warrantied.

Oddly enough I was just thinking about this when I used my tools that were in the garage for the first time in months yesterday. Most of my shit is rusty already, but it won’t hurt, and they still work.

x…

yeah, i beat the shit out of my craftsman stuff.
i use their cresent wrenches all the time when i’m at work and dont have a hammer handy.

only downside is that there’s some spatter on the wyrmgear… so i doubt that’s covered!

but i like the majority of their stuff.
I was going to buy taps and crap from them incase I tighten it too much and snap it, but they’re not covered under the craftsman warranty.
so i was like meh, whatever!

oh, my dad saves any silica gel he gets from his work and puts them in his toolbox (he’s a machinist).
I started doing the same…
You can microwave them to remove the water out of them too when they get old and turn purple (or blue? i dont remember)

I’m just amazed it took you 2 years to have a use for your tools. Quite the handyman. :tup:

<3

paulo… i didnt need to use them… i just wanted to put them in a pretty case.

lol. Dis makes moar cents.