Torque Wrenches!!!

Everyone, can you post up what torque wrenches you own, how you feel about them and which ones you wish you had? I’m looking to buy a few in the next coming weeks and have come to some of my own conclusions, but i want to hear what everyone else thinks =)

so please list those little sluts ~!

a few?

snapon has a awesome digital one

i have a 149 dollar craftsman for engine building and a 19.99 one from pepboys for wheels

buy a quality one… you’ll get a lot of use out of it and it’s important that it’s accurate and that it stays accurate as it’s stressed. (i.e. no Harbor Freight jobbers)

~Snap-On

CRAFTSMAN CLICKY HANDLE 1/2" and 3/8"
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00944595000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Torque+Wrenches&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?vertical=TOOL&cat=Mechanics+Tools&subcat=Torque+Wrenches&pid=00944593000&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

^those go for 50-60 bucks at sears, so don’t buy them online.

yea, im under the impression that they are usually only accurate in the upper % of their range, so thus the need for multiple. if im wrong, correct me

i intend to, i also am considering taking a good part of the driveway during my vacation in a couple weeks =\

keep em coming guys =)

already have them…got em on sale…well the 3/8" i know my bro did…i think we got the 1/2" one on sale too

i got my craftman…

on sale too…

http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/009/44593/00944593000-190.jpg

no problem with my sears wrenches.

I have two:

3/8 Drive Craftsman
1/2 Drive Craftsman

I bought the online only red blow molded cases for them, then bought a truck tool box to keep them in. In the truck tool box I also keep my 21mm deep socket covered with black duct tape so I don’t scratch my wheels, along with my breaker bar. Basically, whenever I need to do anything with the wheels, I just grab that box. Works out well.

Oh, and to ANYONE out there, I have in my possession a torque transducer and a calibration box, and if anyone has doubts about their torque wrench, I can tell you if they are accurate or need to be sent out for recalibration. So if anyone wants their torque wrench tested for accuracy, I can do it.

on a side note…the Snap-on torque sticks for Impact guns are surprisingly accurate as well…i have the blue one for 80ft lbs

I second that. We used them at SSBC and every time i sent them out for verification/calibration, they came back within +/- 2.5% of stated torque value.

oh, should i have stated these wrenches arent for wheel use? :smash2:

tom, go on aim or something, i need to talk to you. ( its not about sex.)

keep the info coming =)

I got a, I beleive, craftsman… havent touched it in a while though (just collecting dust in my parents garage)… havent had a use for it lately, but it’s a damn good investment for when ya do need it (I HIGHLY reccomend using one for sparkplugs lol… having them blow out of the head from over torquing them is a bad thing um key)

yes u should have…but i use mine for more than wheels anyway…the wrenches not torque stick

Maybe I can check the accuracy of my $8 Harbor Freight tqWrench.

OT: I am on AIM now…

On Topic: Torque wrenches are cool…

Snap-On there is no other end of story

we all cant be ballers

After re-calibrating snap-on torque wrenches, I must say that I was not impressed with them even taking in consideration their 200% inflated cost.

All the Craftsmans were just as good, and in some cases, beefier.