Torque Wrenches?

In the process of building a 5.3 motor for boost and need one.

Any suggestions on brand or models? I have a shitty cheap one figured this is a good time to upgrade.

:tup:

Harbor Freight. It’s close enough for a GM motor. :slight_smile:

I have the Eastwood 1/2" Torque-Angle one; works great. I used it for my LS rebuild and the built in angle measurement was awesome.

He already has a shitty cheap one

I just found this thread guess I will support a vendor and snag one

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?243481-Brownline-Digital-Torque-Wrenches-at-Maximal!

Whatcha building?

Buy a used snap-on and get it calibrated. I love mine

Turbo GM 5.3 in something don’t know what yet

If you’re looking for a used digital one. I have one for sale.

Came here to post that. :lol:

CDI. It’s made by snap on and has many of the same components for half the price. I have one and will eventually get another size as well, very high quality.

my 8 year old harbor freight one is missing a screw and falls apart sometimes… I’ve checked its calibration against a snap on and it’s excellent.

that said, I probably would spend the money for building an engine.

I need one for the same reason. I’ve been looking all over but I hate the way most of them work (the handle that pulls out and twists). I’ll probably buy that Brownline one soon.

I bought a digital Craftsman at Sears. The digital readout portion works great as does the torque selection dial. However, the rotating head that allows you to select CW/CCW is a piece of garbage. It sticks and comes undone into a “neutral” position if you brush it with your hand, which sucks when you’re torquing something in a tight spot. Ironically I paid about $100 for it so I’d highly recommend the vendor one that seems to be of a lot higher quality

I have a 1/2" snap on and a 3/8" husky. Ive had the snap on for a long time, goes up to 250ft lbs.

@LZ1 forgot to mention. Whatever you get, make sure it goes to 250ft-lbs. When you put your motor back together use an ARP crank bolt since it’s reusable, and the OEM one isn’t. The torque spec for the ARP bolt is something like 240ft-lbs.