Snap-on Techangle Torque Wrench?

Looking at the Snap-on Techangle torque wrench in 1/2". Wondering if anyone here has this torque wrench or the little brother (3/8") and how you like it. How is it at doing angle measurements?

I’ve got the 1/2" and it’s been invaluable. Great for multi-stage head bolt torque sequences. If you’ve got the cash, don’t hesitate.

Words out of my mouth

I have both the 1/2" and 3/8" and have been very pleased with both.

http://www.search-autoparts.com/searchautoparts/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=404371

I had to google it to see exactly what this was…

this is bad ass… when i did my tiburon head, i had to buy an old school dial torque wrench to do the angle measurments… was a HUGE pita to setup each time as my head had a primary torque in lb ft then 2 steps of angle measurments…

this would have saved me ~ 2 hours

Speaking of torque wrenches, I have owned my snap-on wrenches (both 3/8" and 1/2") for about 4 years, and never have had them calibrated. Where can I get that done? I’m no longer in the industry so Ill have to hunt down a snap on truck? $$?

I have the 3/8 and love it:tup:

Do you set them back to 0 every time you’re done using them? If so you should be good. My snap-on guy told me if you do that they’re good without calibration for ~10 years.

Fuck that, finger tight is good for me, plus a tug or three on the old ratchet is plenty of torque.

Yes I do, I have only left them set over night maybe once or twice.