UST torque wrench?

My dad gave me a torque wrench for Christmas, 10-150 ft lbs. It says UST TW12 on it, thats all it has.

I was wondering if this was good stuff? I mean I don’t have money for a snap-on torque wrench, but at least I could get a craftsman or something with a lifetime warranty.

any good?

well what do u plan on doing with it building a motor or torquing wheels. if ur building a engine fine something more known for accuracy

yes, i have 2 motors to assemble before summer

anyone know who carries them? I don’t really want to ask my dad where he got it and for a receipt to exchange it etc etc

i believe its harbor freight

so I should bounce on this joint?

check harbor frieght for one with the same part number. pic of said torque wrench?

If it’s from harbor freight I wouldn’t trust it to torque bolts on a kid’s powerwheel, let alone bolts on my motor.

And chances are if you return it you’ll be lucky to get enough to cover the tax on an accurate torque wrench.

for engine building you want either a very high end click-torque wrench, but if you dont want to buy one of those, get the kind that have two bars and flex, moving the needle. once you get used to these, you can see the torque decrease as the nut or bolt slowly tightens as you hold the wrench stationary.

yea I’ve used a torque wrench a ton of times but I always used the click type. I haven’t even opened this joint, just cause I assumed I would return it

FYI Craftsman does not have a lifetime warranty on their clicker torque wrenches

they are pretty decent though, right?

i cant afford a snap-on

I have a nice craftsman torque wrench i ONLY use for building motors, i paid like 175 for it when building my motor u can borrow it when ened be as long as i see it again

yo son i got 2 snap-ons… call me when you need them

if its a 3/4" torque wrench, you could nearly beat a man to death with it?