Second Amendment rights?

I wonder if I am on the Terrorist watch list. If I am put on this list of more than a million people they don’t want me to have a gun. How simple, just throw everyone on the list and yank their rights from them.
Seriously, a million people?

Here is an article form a few months ago…

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-03-10-watchlist_N.htm

Sounds like the current system works just fine to me.

From February 2004 through February 2009, the report found, there were 963 requests for gun purchases through the federal system by people on the list. Of that group, 865 purchases — or 90 percent — were approved after a three-day review by the F.B.I. failed to turn up any other disqualifying factors.

You shouldn’t be able to deny someone’s rights, any right, for “suspicion”. Suspicion is far too low a bar to be used to deny someone a right guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

“Mr. Lautenberg plans to introduce legislation on Monday that would give the attorney general the discretion to block gun sales to people on terror watch lists.”

Mr. Lautenberg plans to introduce legislation on Monday that would give the attorney general the discretion to block gun sales to people on terror watch lists.

That’ll fly. Yeah lets make a law that lets a government official take away a constitutional right based on personal discretion and conjecture.

They will throw anything against the wall to see if it sticks.
Every move they make needs to be watched.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=nranews

Even if you don’t agree with everything the NRA does anyone who believes the 2nd amendment is an individual right should be a member because they’re the only ones fighting for you.

^I was just talking to a coworker about how important the NRA is to our rights.
Without the NRA we would not have guns, period.

I’m not too worried
The NRA raised like 330 million in funds last year, and the brady bunch managed something like 6 million.

The anti-gun crowd is small and noisy, but they don’t have any support.

Gun lobby = $$$$

It’s nice having the bill of rights on your side…

yeah, they’re like the mirror image of the teabaggers

^Except they are not armed. :smiley:

You are worried about this now? This has been around for a few years now under Bush.

Uh, it’s been a little longer than that. It started when they banned new class III guns… and actually you could go back and say it started when they “classed” firearms.