See how much NYS pays its employees/contractors

http://seethroughny.net/Payrolls/EmployeeSearch/tabid/69/Default.aspx

:eek:

wow, thats been a well known thing for a while.

sorry, im not on the internet 24/7 and someone just sent it to me…im just suprised this is up for public view in regards to employees…i can see doing contractors and expenditures, but not singling out individuals…

this was huge news when it was released over 6 months back. You don’t have to be on the internet 24/7 to know this.

State employees are paid using tax dollars, therefore their salaries have been public knowledge FOREVER! This is just the first time it was put online.

Consultant rates are not public, yet

the rate the state pays the contracting service for that person SHOULD be though.

I agree… and I hope this happens. I would love to know how much my company is trimming off. Fuckers!

That’s cool though, I can see what some cops make, a state trooper douche bag I know makes ~$75k

it would probably make you sick.

And why does that upset you? I know there’s some making more then $75k.

they make like 50k right out of the academy, maybe more now.
being a trooper is no joke. best of the best make it. 4year college degrees dont come cheap either. just like the military, get your 4 year degree and go as an officer and you make alot more than the normal crowd I.e city cops, or in the case of the military, the enlisted.

I think it’s a hoax and some random numbers

nope, my friend said his was correct…

state and federal wages are public record like granmassa said. what you see might not be the most current wages they get, but its a close figure. unless they have updated it since the annual pay increase.

I found out my uncle makes over $65k a year. Too bad he loses most of it at the harness track.

:satan::satan:

It was on the news and in the papers last year so its real

totally… but it would be great to know when it comes time to renegotiate. I would LOVE it.

anyone know if they will be putting specific consultant rates in the database? The same tax dollars are used to pay me, it should be public.

they should definitely do it. however, once the public sees how rediculously overpriced contractors are, there will probably be a huge outcry over it. Could be bad in the long run.

side note - i can never fucking spell ridiculously right. EVER.

nah… its actually cheaper to hire contractors then FTEs or else they wouldn’t do it. State isn’t THAT stupid. Benefits and retirement cost a ton. Having consultant on contracts eliminates long term costs to the state. It makes sense. Only people that would whine are current state employees that claim that they do that same work as us for much less money… sorry buds, it aint true, cuz if it was then we wouldn’t be here :D. I love when I overhear the state workers here talk about how there are too many consultants on our project. I’ve yet to meet a competent programmer that is a state employee. COBOL doesn’t count, haha!

state workers get a bad rap cause the stereotype is true. I do feel bad for those that actually do work. Hopefully you can score good on those tests and get a promotion (what a joke that is).