Semi-local Travel/Vacation Destinations...

Soooo… I thought it would be neat if people posted up some places to travel say within three or four hours driving distance, any approximate of how much it usually costs for a place to stay, and some things to do while you’re there.
It’s about that time when everyone starts taking vacation, and sometimes a nice long weekend is a nice way to get away without spending too much money. :slight_smile:

The lot:
Intersection of 155 and Central
There is beautiful scenery, fine dining surrounding the area, and fri/sat nights there is a show put on by the indigents in the lower lot.

4/5 Trip

Estimated Cost: $15

Montreal has a lot of character. 4 hours away. Lots to see and do in the city, and then there’s Catherine St of course.

Pricey though, figure probably 120-150 USD per night, and you can eat cheap but you’ll have to look for cafes, small restaurants, or hit Chinatown for cheap eats.

We stayed at this hotel which is right in Old Montreal and overlooked the St. Lawrence. A little pricey but it was very nice and within walking distance to a lot of sights.

http://www.aubergeduvieuxport.com/

I’ve also stayed at a hotel near downtown (off Catherine St) for a lot cheaper…

Fuck it sleep in the car- just find a Walmart parking lot. Ive done that a few times.

I just bought a tent for the back of the truck so its a little more comfortable.

Boston- Over by the Quincy Market area is always fun to go to. Fun bars.

New York City- The upper east side of Manhattan is always fun too. Fun bars and clubs.

Old Forge, New York- Fun for camping and they have a huge water park, Water Safari.

The Six Flags out in Mass. I can’t remember what town it’s in though.

I stayed in the Queen Elizabeth with my girlfriend when we went to see a UFC fight. It’s 2 blocks from the Bell Centre. Was very nice.

Adam - Very funny, but vacation is srs bsnz.
Paul - I’m a girl. I’m not sleeping in a car. I need a shower and a bed.

Montreal then Boston.

:rofl I knew this was coming. The rest of the world gets a hotel because we like sleeping on mattresses, not Rhinoliner.

You can handle one night in a car.

Well Im a cheap fuck.

I’m not going for one night, I’m aiming for at least three. :lol

$9 pants, we know.

Just think, Nicole is going to stay in a hotel that will cost her at least 8 pairs of your pants PER NIGHT!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH ALL THOSE PANTS!?

haha yesss

I dunno man, I used to live in the upper east side and the bars were alright. Lower east side is where its at!

Go camping. Some really nice places in the ADKS. Cheap, you get to get away from everything and relax and it’s fun. Do it.

Probably rip them at work like Ive been doing alot lately

she wont sleep in a car and you think she’ll sleep outside in a tent?

Leaning more towards a seaside location…

And Paul is right. Fuck camping.
Again, going back to that whole bed/shower thing.

It’s in Agawam, MA.

Ocean City is a lot of fun. Closer to a 5 hour drive on a perfect day but worth it IMO.

you cant go wrong with any place along the coast line IMO, great places from jersey all the way up to NH and maine, or you could always go camping to one of the thousand lakes around here