Short Vacation, help!!

WHERE CAN I GO!!?? haha.

Please help me, I am going to be coming home on leave from iraq in July for a couple weeks, and I want to go somewhere for like 3-5 days, but I CANT think of where a good place to go would be. no theme parks.

it will be last minute planning, but thats my only option.

Thanks for the help in advance, haha.

Oh its going to be me and one other person (girlfriend).

Budget? US only? Can I come?

Toronto is great for weekends

http://www.escapetoeden.com/Jamaica/or-h1.jpg

Sandals Ocho Rios. Only like a 6 hour flight away, pretty luxurious, all the food and alcohol you can drink is included, blue water and white sand, sub $3k for a week. I was there last January.

spend your money on the GF so when you have to leave again, she won’t leave you

1000 Islands is pretty cool. Take the money you would have spent on airfair and rent a boat. I spent an entire day up there just exploring islands with my boat and know I could spend several more. Just be very careful to stay in the marked channels, because you can go from 200 feet of water to a rock bar in a matter of feet.

vegas.

Toronto is great for 2-4 days. Anything more would be a bit much though.

Thats awesome, because I was REALLY thinking about Tortonto… driving up, staying at the SoHo Metropolitan, but I still don’t know how much or WHAT there is to do in the city. Ive never spent much time there at all.

Budget? uhh, not much of one, but nothing retarded.

Thanks again, I always knew you guys would help, haha.

Def do Toronto man. Lots of options on what to do there!

Stay safe.

yea man, whereever it is ENJOY! and thank you!

Boston- brewery, freedom trail, good food

or Washington,DC

or Virginia for horseback riding or white water rafting. They offer some sweet deals on cabins and stuff too.

OH!!! DC! I totally forgot about it… I might just do that, I even have a buddy at Walter Reed… he got sent home when I got my purple heart. THANKS!

DC or Toronto or are there other options that haven’t really been mentioned yet? I’m sure most of you guys have more experience than I do on this.

I like the Boston, Virginia, and a few other ideas too…

Also, I’m not too interested in like a Florida/california/carribean trip right now, I plan on a cruise next year this time when I come home.

i agree that an all inclusive is the way to go, but jamaica is ghetto.

west coast mexico > east coast mexico > dominican > * > jamaica

try a riu palace resort. :tup:

There really is a lot to do in Toronto.

glad to hear you’re doing ok Will!

Toronto > DC

Art museum, hockey hall of fame, science center, zoo, CN tower, Eaton Centre/Yonge St. shopping, and of course the bars and clubs :tspry:

get the city pass. google it. the gf will proly like it.

at night time, me and the girl just walked around to bars and such to get little bites to eat and drink.

get wasted, go back to the hotel room…

:wstupid:

Lahaina Maui, HI > all of those

Pic I took of the nasty sunset last month :smiley:

Ok, well i decided on Toronto. Are there ay specifc places anyone who knows what they are talking about recommend?

Dinner?
Bars/Clubs?
Activites?

Thanks again, you guys (and gals) are making my life and limited computer access so much easier.