Random vacation ideas

I’m going to take a vacation for 3-4 days next week, trying to figure out what I want to do. Ideas so far are NYC, DC, Boston, Cape Cod, Toronto, Montreal… They are all sounding blah to me though :meh:

any other ideas?

Virginia Beach with a 1 day sidebar of Busch gardens in williamsburg.

bar harbor maine , cape cods nice but i can see the blah, maybe a B and B up in wine country or something if you like wine, alexandria bay/ if you get bored canada is close ,

well if you are willing to drive to nyc or boston…then you probably wouldnt mind the extra 2hours to go to ocean city, md.

probably one of my fav places i have gone on vacation besides myrtle beach- and they are very similar, lots of things to do there in 3-4days time

Cedar Point

Good call I forgot about ocean city, haven’t been there in at least 5 years. Also tax free shopping for the wife :tup:

Was thinking about wine country, but just did that recently.

all with a few (2 - 8) hours drive:
Finger lakes
Toronto
Chicago
Colombus
Philly
DC
NYC
etc…

come to NC!!

im headed up to the adirondacks tomorrow to do some boating/drinking. we got a keg to bring on the boat with us and maybe where we go after.

other activities include a hike up one of the mountains around lake placid, ride up whiteface on the chairlift, obviously bar hopping throughout the area.

im staying at my aunts log cabin which has an inground pool/jacuzzi, golf course accross the street along with a mountain in her front yard.

i hope you enjoy your vacation as much as im going to enjoy mine.

sounds like fun…how long are you staying?

exactly one week, the only downfall is that its not paid vacation for me since i just started work and i havent accumulated any yet.

i havent been up there in a few years and iv been wanting to go bad.

well if you get any good scenic pics post em up, i have always wanted to go to the adirondacks, hope you enjoy yourself

oh i plan on taking alot of pictures, i love hiking and i plan to have my camera the entire time. theres nothing like standing 1.5 miles in the air on top of a mountain staring down at the point you were just at a few hours ago.

the worst part is knowing that you have to go all the way back down.

we are also going to schroon lake for fireworks out on the boat with a few other boats. also will be jetskiing/tubing/wakeboarding, etc…

words dont even describe how excited i am for it. im sure the guys at work were sick of hearing me talk about it all day today at work.

I go to Columbus all the time for work which would just make me angry :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought DC and NYC (even though howie is ignoring my texts like every other time I come to NYC!)… but it seems blah. I’d like to do finger lakes but the wife cannot drink which makes wine region pretty boring. Toronto I was thinking to maybe go see a show or something but we’re going to see a show tomorrow at shea’s so that kind of kills it. CRAP, i’m having vacation mental block.

what’s good in Philly?

If I drive that far i’ll likely end up at ocean city/assateague (sp)

Jamaica’s a short flight away… So’s Cancun… Lying on a tropical beach > *

Way too open ended. What type of activities do you want?

I like the way Bobbyg vacay plans, but other’s like to be in the city. What’s your preference?

Puerto Rico. I went there for 5 days and was perfect… 4 days would do also. Stay at the Embassy suites in Dorado, it’s on the beach and they have free drinks from 5:30 - 7P and decent breakfast each morning.

no passports :tdown: plus for 3 days thats a lot of flying

thats kind of the point, its total last minute decision to go - and we’re open to pretty much anything :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno, howie called back after I bitched at him again so looks like we’ll be going to NYC

I don’t think you need a passport to go to PR… it’s still in the USA. I think the flight was about 4.5 hours, so that wasn’t too bad, if you’re planning to drive 6+ hours anyway.

Vacations should be spent getting impreza’s up and running.

GO!