September Edinburg Auto X

Have you ever seen a fast car?

Faster than what you drive.

Yep. Way faster. So much Faster that te evo goes low 13’s at 106. Id love to line up with him and you for that matter.

Hey…lets turn this thread into bullshit.

Welcome to Shift 518.

Somuchwin. Go ahead and get your car. Lets see what mad awesome skills you have at Edinburgh.

He said “its a rocket”. Didnt say anything about being on a track. I really wouldnt want to be in the same place as you at the same time anyway.

So what? You think you’re awesome so come prove it. Ya tend to run your trap to lots of people on this board. If you’re so good you should be able to run good times at any event in any car.

I never said i was. Im fairly confident i could drive that course well enough to hang in the Audi but, ive never bragged about it. Again, id rather not be around you as well.

You just did exactly that. And well enough to “hang” with what?

So saying im confident is braging? Last time i checked thats not what it was

Yes. You’ve never raced any car there…but you’re CONFIDENT that you’ll drive well enough to “hang”? That’s bragging. Show up Sunday and race…if you break under 1:18…I’ll reimburse you for your entry with a handwritten apology. (Cliff runs 1:13s btw)

I have plans for sunday that are more important than being there. However, i disagree with your whole bragging thing. I feel like i am a decent driver and could drive the course alright. Never said anything about being faster or better than anyone at edinburg so, youre wrong. And i could care less what cliff runs.

Similar example; Marines been training and learn how to fight in combat for some time and then gets sent to iraq and because he thinks hes going to be able to survive hes cocky and bragging? I can go on all day. Now if i said cliff, yourr a faggot and suck at driving ill run circles around you at edinburg, youd have a valid arguement.

My cousin considers himself a good driver as well. And in a straight line, he’s not too shabby. Even around kinda fast corners. But guess what? Same day I ran 1:16, he hit two 1:21’s, two 1:24’s and two DNF’s. Its not what you think it is…

As for the rocket comment, look at it perspectively. Someon who owns a 4.6L Mustang with bolt ons but never had anything faster, will deff think that car is fast. And when another car, say, my Evo, blows past it with relative ease, he will consider said Evo a rocket. I dont think my car is all that fast

Alright.

It would be nice if you came out though, notwithstanding all the benchracing done on shift

I have plans for sunday and im not spending a ton of money right now, saving for something. If theres another one this year i may come.

Understood. Springtime maybe?

sorry guys! i didnt mean to start a war over a compliment!!

ps i dont recall the evo passing me! until i let off at 100.