Server 2k3 help

ok, just started a new job, i have to create my own AD account (did that already) and create an email account for myself. we’re operating on exchange 2003 and windows server 2003, but i can’t find the exchange manager anywhere. any help is appreciated.

hit your AD on your exchange box… find the OU you created your user account in… right click on yourself and hit the ‘exchange tasks’ menu… then you can add / create mail account and so on.

the exchange system manager isn’t where you wanna create an inbox anyway! and your DC (ad box) might not have the exchange conduits tied to it… mine doesn’t.

we only have 1 windows server, so i’ll let you know how that went. thanks sonny, lunch this week?

went to
programs/admin tools/component services
opened up window that has

A/D users and computers/…local/admin users
my username is listed here. thats where i added in my AD account, and is all the further i’ve gotten

humm… you only have one server? is that machine also your email server? the email server builds in AD context menus for adding and creating a mailbox…

what email system? i’m assuming exchange.

exchange, only 1 box… my boss (who is the only other computer head in the office) has no clue how it works.

:rofl:

well go to start -> programs -> admin tools -> active directory users and computers and then find your username… within there right click on it and see if you have an exchange tasks option.

3rd party exchange provider

chapter13trusteewdpa.com. MX IN 7200 MX.chapter13trusteewdpa.com. [Preference = 5]
MX.chapter13trusteewdpa.com. A IN 7200 64.190.43.115

nope, no exchange tasks option, whitey says we have a 3rd party exchange. thanks guys, i appreciate the help. looks like we gotta figure out who does it then.

boss says its definitely on the server, had me do an mx lookup. i’m so totally lost, please feel free to laugh at me.

looks like worldnic.com is your provider?

jsut see if that DC has the exchange architecture… m: drive? z: drive?

search for an exchsrvr folder with mbadata and mtadata folders…

if it’s 2003 exchange it should be tied into AD>… something about this isnt’ adding up… are you sure you don’t have another dc somewhere?

run replmon and browse for AD boxes… run a report.

if exch 5.5 then you add the mailbox through the sys manager, but i’d never assume someone to be on ad 2003 and exch 5.5… i’m not even sure if you can do that.

did someone say lunch?!

its definitely server 2003 and exchange 2003, i have install cds for both sitting on my desk. nothing came up in the search results for those files sonny. we do have a 2nd box right below this one everything is on… supposedly the building bought it (original got wet from a/c) but it doesn’t have anything running on it other than the os.

What version of 2003 server do you have?

SBS 2003?

I recommend you run out and buy a copy of veritas backupexec asap.