IT Admins Check-In - Exchange Active Sync

Ok - I switched off my XV6700 due to the fact I couldn’t stand it as a phone, however I can’t figure out for the life of me where my exchange server has stored my Cell number for its active sync push list.

Basically my exchange server is still trying to push mail to my phone which is no longer a Windows Mobile 5 phone, so I just get SMS messages that are jiberish, and I get them like 3-5 times an hour.

I called VZW initially to figure out what the SMS was and they informed me it was the Exchange servers active sync, thats how I got into the path of the problem. I’d believe it because it makes sense, I just can’t figure out wtf it has my number stored. I can’t disable active sync on my server since others are using it.

Any of you guys familiar with ActiveSync administration on exchange 2003?

Try this…Exchange System Manager by using the Mobile Settings option under Global Settings. You can also enable or disable individual users by using Active Directory Users and Computers. See if you can find your account under there and disable it.

:word: exactly what i was gonna say

riiiiight

I disabled it for myself earlier to correct actually, and it does seem to have worked - I am still curious to see where it is storing my cell number though, was looking through IIS all over the place and checking our certificates to see if it somehow stored it anywhere.