Service needed, who to go to? West Herr or Northtown (Subaru)

I’m in a bind right now. I currently have a situation going on with my 06 WRX which has about 140k miles on it. Unfortunately it is dealing with the most BS system in our cars, the Second Air Pump.

After dealing with a mechanic locally, his thought was to take it to a local Subaru dealer to have them look into the problems.

Who would you recommend taking the Subaru to and why?

Northtown says - $120 an hour labor
West Herr says - $90 to $120 depending whats being done.

Reasons I have to take it to the dealer to be looked at: My mechanic is saying my air pump is running at a constant 14psi and not turning off. This should run at 1psi. Both valves have been replaced, not the pump. I’m worried of it maybe being a computer problems/electrical issue (as my mechanic was worried as well and not to knowledgeable on these systems) Reason I’m worried about it being an electrical is because I had to redo my heads for a misfire problems which seemed to be caused from the valves getting too hot. (Possibly running rich) Not sure if the secondary is tied into telling the car to run richer to heat up the cat or not. Worried the computer might just not be functioning properly and needing to be replaced.

Anyways, wanting to know which would be the more reputable company to go with who could do the best job figuring out my problems. Hell even if you know a good shop I should go to that wouldn’t cost me the outrageous dealer prices.

Maybe try @99_civic_si if he’s not too busy http://www.nyspeed.com/forumdisplay.php?484-Tire-Change-Bros

I know he’s done quite a bit of work on Subarus.

Thank you. Still debating what I want to do. I’m just getting frustrated seeing $115 to run diagnostics on my Subaru. To me they are just going to run the scanner to see what the code that pops up tells them. Something I can do for free with Advance Auto… In my mind I’m just handing them $115 for nothing being done.

Take it to Andy I’d say before a dealer. I bet he can troubleshoot this.

U need to go to Andy Walker he’s a god with Subarus and every other automobile …family friend awesome dude .+17163168454

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I agree, go see Andy. Get an open source time and remove the air pump.

Its got 140k on it…light it on fire and move on.

haha

I’d say neither. There should be plenty of vaping scooby owners local that can be of assistance; isn’t there still a cult of owners around here? Buffaloscooby still around?

If you are going to go to a stealership, choose Northtown. I trust them more than West Herr. I have had my 16 Subaru serviced there since new and I feel comfortable taking it to them. That being said, I have never had more than basic maintenance done. If something were drastically wrong and I was outside of warranty I would probably go to Andy as well.

Guess I’ll be calling Andy. Haha. At Northtown now getting recall work.

And 140k is nothing and if all working good the car is still worth money being wrb wagon and the limited with leather and sunroof. Got the car out of the area so no rust on the body.

What’s a “clut”?

It’s mind bending but so true

I edited my original post for accuracy, just in case someone is watching.

When are you changing your name to NOQIKZ or SOLDQIKZ?

And yes, I am the pot and you are the kettle.