Seven Alarm Fire - Niagara Lubricants

Wow… That shit is going. Someone call Al Gore quickly!

sucks for anyone that lives within a 1/4 mile of that place, their houses are going to be covered with oil residue.

No need to get all fired up!

:squint:

Coworker said he drove through the smoke by the art gallery.

I see what you did there.

Sorry bro… No offense taken though… I live in the area and see black smoke all the time over that way.

But… No offense, it’s Black Rock. And I think of it as forest fires… They burn down the decayed to allow new life to flourish. Hopefully, as Niagara Lubricants is a long serving local company, they will rebuild and be a much better facility. I mean how many windows boarded up, and walls tagged with paint before you can not even recognize a business from a run down warehouse. Standing ruins from Buffalo’s industrial age.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

BTW it is visible from Tupper & Washington

I understand you are hurt by this and how it impacts the area and people involved but I am not sure how I feel when I see a website updating their blog as their factory burns to the ground.

So what the hell is burning? You must have a big tank of something to keep burning out of control for 10+ hours.

We are a grease factory. There is 20,000+ pds of axle grease alone inside, not to mention bulk oil storage for 50+ local companies.

That’s so insane it’s almost comical.

Business interuption insurance coverage FTW. I hope they have it.

put that fucker out

LOL Don Postles candidly:

http://www.wivb.com/generic/video/wnlo_live_stream_player

Do they know the camera’s on? They’re just shooting the shit. haha

EDIT:

They’re showing different stuff now, but for like 5 minutes Don Postles was just standing in front of the camera making faces, talking to the crew, putting his ear piece in, etc. LOL

Way to good. I hope he says something he shouldnt. “man let this building just fucking burn down already, its to damn hot to stand out here” lol

Hahahahhahahaha. So funny but so wrong.

“You’re hot.”

Is this out yet or no? I havent looked

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/buffalo/article487077.ece was just updated @ 4:43, same time as your post… still going!
they said they’re going to let the building burn for a few hours yet.

Man, there are so many better buildings on the west side for this to happen to…

not my pics actually, a friend of mine kinda goes to every fire and take pictures, not really sure why but he ALWAYS posts them…