Shelby Aero EV = tup

Looks a lot nicer than the original design! I’d drive it…

Pics:
http://www.engadget.com/photos/shelbys-amazing-aero-ev-0-to-60-in-2-5-seconds-10-minute-recharge/1318818/

I wonder where they get the money to pursue a project like this

i like it.

well, to their credit, they’ve only been racing/building cars since the 60’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks pretty sweet

This doesn’t answer my question though. It takes alot of money to develop a new car, especially a niche car like this one, where you can’t rely on large sales to recoup the initial cost.

Shelby Aero EV has NOTHING to do with carol shelby FYI…

Shelby SuperCars Inc. (SSC) is an American automobile manufacturer founded in 1999 by owner Jerod Shelby (no relation to car designer Carroll Shelby).

and the car is a pipe dream, the specs they quote are impossible with todays technology / energy infrastructure… like a 10 minute recharge time from garage 220 line

fucking noice, except if the telsa roadster is 60kish (i dont know exactly), and this one is faster, better looking, better handling, and more efficient, does the price go to 300k?

really? no affiliation with shelby america? no shit… I wonder if Shelby has ever gone after them

And I believe SSBC in Clarence makes the brakes for that car also.

First thing I noticed was “charge in 10 minutes” and the big old :bsflag: went up.

Maybe if you could plug it in directly to the output of the Niagara Power Project, and only expected the battery to survive one charge. No way you’re going to do that on home 220.

Sometimes if you read more than just the title, you can find out a lot more info.

> the 150-220 mile battery can be refilled in just 10 minutes (Tesla takes 3.5 hours) from a 220V service thanks to what SSC calls its "Charge on the Run" onboard charging system -- something that [I]nearly eliminates (or at least minimizes) the need for a [battery swapping infrastructure](http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/21/better-places-1-billion-electric-vehicle-grid-endorsed-by-bay/). [/I]

If you weren’t retarded you’d understand that math and physics behind it are impossible.

^ Not that I expect you to be able to understand any of that.

But, it was posted on the internet it has to be true!

Garbage kit car.

I see now, good job. I’m just used to seeing absurd assumptions in your posts and thought you were just being ignorant without looking at details (as seen in many other posts).

That’s the best you could come up with huh?

Can we please get nyspeedsouthgate.com setup and banish these idiots there permanently?

If Howie will let the mods do the banning I’ll even volunteer to do the programming, just give me a place to host it.

^ lol

<3

:tantrum: I thought your wacky political stance was on par with your intelligence level but I guess your actually a smart guy in some areas.

I’m focusing more on the fact that they are able to pack two 500 HP electric motors into this car, and maintain a respectable weight. Fuck the charging issue.

If these motors do what they claim performance wise, tell me that %100 electric cars aren’t in our future…