Shift518 Membership benefit for Wud VW Saturday August 28

First come first serve bud!

DC

laptop is outside the car my man… you can watch when we’re done with the pull as noone will be able to be that close expect the two of us operating for obvious safety reasons!

But we can replay the run so you can watch it happen on the laptop if you like!
DC

What I’m getting at is I haven’t turned up the boost in…forever…lol…so I’d want to watch the AF ratio in real time so I could have the operator terminate the pull if need be…

Hope you understand. If I can’t sit in the car, no worries, I’m sure I’ll have a great experience getting my car aligned with you guys and meet some great new people in the process.

no matter…you can watch it on the bench…while we do it…

youll be ok! promise

DC

What kind of connection is the DIAG tool for the car to the laptop? Serial or USB???

I have a long ass serial extension cable. you could plug it in with that and hold the laptop outside the car and monitor it. If its USB I think I have a 10 footer for that too. lemmi know if that help. :thumbup

Thanks man, it’s serial. Bring the cable, I’ll make some pulls on the way down and see how I feel about dynoing the car at anything above base boost if I can’t be in the car. “Worst case”, maybe I’ll just dyno it at base boost. I’d just really prefer to be in the car so the operator could hear me ASAP if I wanted to terminate the pull. However, I understand A.S.S’s reasoning also.

NP man I have the cable in the back of the jetta there. :thumbup

The L&S software can set warnings on any factor in a run. We can set the AFR so that the screen turns yellow @ say 11.9 then red at 12.2 and applies the dyno break @ 12.5 or any combo you want.

Just make sure you ask about it, I’m not sure if there would be an extra charge but it would sure be worth it if your that concerned.

That’s a great feature!

sending PM daryl

Cool. I’ll be there.

Can we dyno with kayaks on the roof of our cars? haha.

Yes, as long as I’m sitting in it (with a laptop):lmao

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk272/whotswral/avatar44164_46.gif

Totally in for this! No job woooooo!

DANGER TO MANIFOLD!

anyhow, unless I fall off my roof Ill be there again, had a good time last time. :thumbup probably wont dyno the probe yet though, its runnin kinda funky outta nowhere:Idiots ya never know though…maybe as long as no one laughs at my sub-200 hp pulls haha.

if i dyno my swift i will be in the sub 200hp club to broski! lol.

Sorry to disappoint, but I’m not going to be able to dyno. Need to get home ASAP for some early afternoon commitments. I’ll be sure to say hi though, and I’ll probably make a donation to the cause.

haha word ! yea i guess i wont be comin thru this time, if i was in the area i would !

its all good, darryl is a good dude i didnt think the posts were really necessary… no worries tho

I hopefully will be making this. Free food sold me. :lol

its all good man, I will see ya then. :thumbup