shitbox mk3 vr6 jetta

Ever get excited and make a stupid deal? Me too. I swapped my old Silverado for this because I got a VR6 boner. I did a horrible job checking it out. I hate it and want it gone.

98 Jetta glx VR6 5 speed. 201k. Runs pretty good, pulls strong. Almost new tires. Previous owner drove it from Glens Falls to Clifton Park a few times per week. Dinged up. Ac compressor and tensioner shot. Oil pan bashed to hell. Radiator fan isn’t coming on.

Some dude came and looked at it and put a stethoscope all over the engine and said the chains sounded ok. I dunno. It’s a shit beater but the power windows work.

I would rather eat my own waste than tangle with a beater OBD2 VR. Taking a punch in the taint at $800. Car or truck trades considered. Call or text 229-0212. Car is in Rexford, which is basically Clifton Park.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6035/6215701622_fa40920fc9.jpg
IMAG0195 by rexfordflatsracing, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6099/6215187987_4a8243ff3b.jpg
IMAG0196 by rexfordflatsracing, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/6215189931_677073fd83.jpg
IMAG0198 by rexfordflatsracing, on Flickr

I’m looking for a winter car, is the check engine light on?

Seriously man you need to get rid of all the junkers you drive for a week or two at a time and just go buy one decent car and keep it for a while.

Sell me your Mustang and I will.

I actually have a nice Forester and an Outback that my wife and I drive, but I cannot resist the urge to keep rotating beaters as well.

CEL is off, but my guess is the p.o. cleared it. Airbag light is on as well.

I said nice car. One that requires starting with a screwdriver is just as bad as what youve had.

Im done with beaters. Ive had a few of them and sometimes it was fun having something I didnt give a fuck about and hitting stuff with it and laughing or watching people turn their heads at lights because the exhaust was choking them but other times it was like why the fuck am I driving this shitbox deathtrap?

I might suggest that a man near 30 shed some of his vast collection of die-cast toys and a money pit truck that sure is useful for…commuting to a job where he drives a truck…in order to leave the nest and live on his own or…gasp… buy a house.

Gotta have a hobby though. For me its collecting Hot Wheels cars.

The truck really hasnt been bad at all in the nearly 3 years Ive had it. Just a bunch of shit all at once but most was routine like spark plugs and tires.

I cant afford a house and probably never will. Trailer maybe though.

hopefully, you can at least get a double wide with a jacuzzi tub in the “master” bedroom.

have some high expectations, paulsky.

Its just me so I dont need anything huge or a jacuzzi.

Paul. Wtf. You are a sad dude

x2, set some goals for your self you can acomplish alot if you work for it.

This thing still around?

Gone as of yesterday, sold to PJB.

Ive gotta stop buying things in my sleep. First a lava lamp, then a pony and now this?