Shooters/Hunters on SON?

I do some shooting both for hunting and recreational/sport. I have my restricted lisense now and looking into the AR 15. Does anyone know where you can get these in Canada? I’ve found a few places but they only sell them commercially to police depts and security agencys, thats sort of thing. This is a long shot on a car forum but I figure i’d give it a shot haha.
I’m looking to get it asap because if the liberals get in federally there planning on a hand gun and semi auto rifle ban and stripping more of our rights. Thanks peace.

oh, and im not sure how you guys took that, but I’m looking to get this 100% legally, not interested any black market stuff…

get your PAL license, then legal to own (therefore do whatever you want with).

You’ll have trouble finding someone legally selling…

u cant buy one if it fully auto, if u search a bit on the net it will tell u what u cant buy dues to their prohibited weapon status, there is actuaslly a big difference between restricted and prohibited

Why am I not surprised but a little scared that you know about this… =D

If you can change a transmission you can alter a firing pin. Its not tough to modify to fully auto.

Theirs a huge difference between Restricted and Prohibited as hector pointed out.

Hand guns are considered “Restricted” where as an AR15 or any Military Weapon is Prohibited. And they Grandfathered Collector Permits which would allow you to own a Prohibited Weapon. So since you can no longer get a Collectors Permit you cannot legally obtain any Prohibited Weapons.

Example… you cannot buy 5.56mm x 45mm (.223 Rounds) at Canadian Tire or Walmarts etc… because they generally load into Prohibited Weapons. Only Hunting Arounds. Even if you go into a Gun Store you will not find any AR15s, M14s, or even Mini 14s because they all fall under the “Black Gun Variant Claus”. Meaning anything that even remotely looks like an AR15 is Prohibited (even if its chambered in .22). Just because they look the same, their Prohibited.

You can get a handbook for free from the Government which will tell you what you can, and cannot own regardless of whatever licenses you have.

So in the end, your Restricted License dont mean shit and no matter what you do you cannot legally obtain an AR15.

Well I’m assuming it would be tough for you considering a firing pin has nothing to do with full auto fire. So if you think modifying a firing pin will turn a semi automatic weapon into fully automatic your sadly mistaken.

lol @ the name educated_idiot. Suits him I guess.

I was under the impression that you can get the ar 15 in semi auto, and semi auto rifles are restricted, as well as hand guns. I thought only fully auto rifles were prohibited…

Jared, pm me and I will hook you up with some plaecs in Canada to “legally” by some semi auto firearms.