Shooting some pics... cooooooool

I have been into photography and had a camera since i could walk lol and yesterday my dad got some new camera gear toys i borrowed to try out here is what i came up with i should really learn how to use this remote flash buisness but it was still fun needs more dialing in and i need to read reading…

give me some input oh and it would be better but i couldnt get the other flash to fire…

i`d tincker with that first pic car looks like a short bus what camera are you running?

www.strobist.com, all you need to know about wireless flash placement, techniques and more.

kollo:
this was shot with a d700
my personal camera is only a d70s :frowning:

kevburgler:
Thanks man! just what i need

nikons.^

d700… drool.

I shoot with a d90 and just picked up an sb-24 for cheeeep. starting to play around with it just on camera 'cause I don’t have a remote wire for it yet

rally style mudflaps :slight_smile:

yeah buddy i just need a big white letter obnoctious sticker haha think of a set of words to sticker up on my windshield!

Nice. I need to pickup an external flash.

So much salt it looks like light snow.

dont remind me :frowning:

i normally shoot with a d70s so your ahead of me there lol i can just borrow the d700 or the d200 from time to time… i am a lucky kid

Yeah i thought it was an old rx7 for a sec, but nice photos!

Nice shots, i guess more lighting would help you out. I’m thinking about getting the D90, i love photography.

Nice shots, need roof scoop, mad antenna, and a billion fog lights :slight_smile:

how did you setup this shot? were you firing the light right at the car or did you use an umbrella?

if only there was room in my budget for that as a joke and then drift building it for the summer i would deffinetly have 2 modes but this will have to do lol :cool:

no umbrella just direct flash on a lightstand direct. that i held up and took the picture remotly

could be because your light is too focused on the car. maybe with an umbrella it’ll soften it up and spread it out more?

I’m trying to learn more on nikon flash photography so if i’m telling lies tell me haha

lol well it all depends on the look your going for. If you are trying to fill it out better than bouncing light is a good way to have an even spread i was trying to get this look and not the even spread if i was trying that i would go indoors like a car garage to use the roof or walls to bounce light