Shop to do a repair on Transmission

I’ve been having a lot of tranny issues lately and just recently it finally through a DTC. So now I know what is the problem. I need someone that can install a VSS Reluctor on my transmission. Anybody know of a good shop that can do this? I already have a new reluctor in the mail, but with my schedule right now, I really don’t have the time to do it myself.

Open to any or all suggestions.

opitz in schenectady orrr charlie dilorenzo in c/p

Opitz Transmission

2165 Van Vranken Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12308-1233 - (518) 374-8923
Open Weekdays 8am-5pm

:Quick turnaround

Can def vouch for opitz, they are excellent. Call and ask for steve and tell em Wayne from Otto sent ya.

Opitz is owned by a friend of my father’s… good people.

ummmm who? it’d be funny if we knew the same people!

Joseph Jiggs Automotive

david zanella owns opitz

yessir.

I was under the impression Dave sold the place recently.

True that.

Another +1 for Opitz, Steve is a GREAT guy and will take care of you!

Opitz fucked me on a clutch job so I wouldnt trust them.
It shouldnt cost $1k to do a clutch on a 2wd S10 and then a month later the clutch stopped working because the bolts all backed out from never being tight.

And John, seriously recommending Charlie? WTF? Im not even gonna go there.

I’d tend to think that you could handle a clutch job yourself?

I did it myself the first time but something got fucked up and I didnt have the time or place to put another clutch in it so I just had them do it.

charlie jr . not senior . there is a few powerful cars out there on his transmissions also

if you did it once and fucked it up who’s to say the bolts didn’t back out due to a previous error on your part. ALSO - if some putz had already TRIED to do a clutch and failed, then brought the car to me, your god damn right he should be charged $1000. :haha:haha

They said I fucked up the flywheel so they put another one in it and then they failed to tighten the pressure plate bolts. When I called them to tell them the truck was fucked up and I had to drive it without using the clutch at all they said there was no way they left anything loose.

Another mechanic friend fixed it in 5 minutes and it was fine after that.

How do you know Charlie? I worked with him for the last year at Mark’s on 146 in CP

i have known charlie for yrs man