Good ASE certified shop around Amherst for trans/clutch job (EVO)

I see others ask for good transmission shops and I can think of a bunch locally but I need one that’s ASE certified so my warranty covers. My trans is leaking from the main gasket and that will be covered so while they’re at it, I’ll have a new double clutch put in. I don’t trust ANYONE with my car which is why I’m putting this up here. If you have a shop you recommend for me that really cares about the work they do and will take the time to do a good job, let me know. I wish I could do it myself and get paid for the 10 hours labor but it doesn’t work that way unfortunately.

I’m the type that will thoroughly inspect the car when I get it back and I’ll take pictures before and after just in case. The few times I have taken this car to random shops, something always happens no matter what. Either someone gets careless and hacks my car up in some way or they forget the lift arms are still under it and my bumper gets ripped off (that was a fun day) I can’t have down time I need this done right and as soon as possible. I’m hoping to run a solo in 12 days, if I had more time to look I wouldn’t be posting this. LMK thanks!

United Auto on Sheridan, Louie’s Car Clinic on Main Street, Empire Autowerkes on Main street (clarence) Village Import on Main Street (in Williamsville). These are all mechanics i’ve had pretty good luck with for pretty good prices. Louie’s and Village Import have done clutch jobs for my friends with 944’s and they were very pleased with the work. They should be able to work on an Evo.

Will Black forest or Innovative work? not in amherst but great shops

I work with Innovative, Mike does my tunes but they aren’t ASE certified. I’m going to look into Louie’s and Village Import, hopefully one of them are. Not familiar with Black Forest, I’ll check them out too. Thanks

They won’t likely touch it as they’re a euro shop. I was previously employed there.

Looks like so far Louie’s is the only one that’s ASE certified, waiting to hear back from them. If anyone has comments on Louie’s Car Clinic, let me know!

May i ask a stupid question…Why hung up on the ASE certifications…

Aftermarket Warranty company requires it to pay for the repairs.

good answer…i didnt even think about that…most of them are picky about shops anyway

Yea, what spam said :cool: I would do it myself but I have no time right now, working crazy hours…

So if you’re working crazy hours you must be making some kind of money. Just pay a tuner shop to get it done. If I didn’t do it myself I’d much rather give $500 to a shop that specializes in the Evo, rather than a random general repair shop. If you could I’d see if you could get psychopjv to do it out of whatever shop he’s at. If he’s at an ASE shop that’s the only person I’d let actually do it who didn’t specialize in Evo’s…

You don’t trust anyone with your Ferrari?

Most warranty companies just require that u r a legal registered shop odd yours requires ase. Take it to the dealer

I,ve had good experiences with Mark over at bucholtz (sp?) transmission on sheridan in tonawanda.

lollll

Unless I missed something…

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/Shockwave179/87582072.gif

If you’re not paying for it, then take it to the dealer.
edit: unless you don’t think you can take it there because you are putting in a twin disk (idk what a double clutch is)

Eat a dick gennaro haha. Spend some cash and see how you feel about letting people touch your car.

You could also talk to Russ at Licatas on walden about getting it done. The “Evo” tech at transit towne scares me. You could ask jrod about how they fucked up his transfer case…

Yea I know jrod and I’ve heard many other horror stories about evo’s and Transitowne so taking it to the Mitsubishi dealer is out of the question. And yea I have money but it’s for a MAP 2.4LR this winter, I don’t want to dip into that money.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

They did my first rebuild, decent shop but I don’t think they are ASE either.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Yes a “double” would be a twin disc, I don’t know what else you would think of when I say double clutch in my EVO 8 lol?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I’ll try to get ahold of Russ at Licatas, I’m not familiar with him yet.

Rich is a great dude and his shop does quality work, however he is usually booked and mainly works on high end vehicles