Good ASE certified shop around Amherst for trans/clutch job (EVO)

Louie’s is great, the guys are real nice and there is only a few people working these, not like some big places where they have a few people working on your car at once.

What exactly are you trying to say? :hahano:

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I sent them an email on lunch today, still waiting on a reply. I’ll be giving them a call tomorrow morning, I see they are ASE and I need to get it in hopefully tomorrow, if not ASAP.

If you want someone that cares about your car working on it, do it yourself.

Otherwise, you are another just another appointment in the book.

This.

I was talking about HybridEvo you dumb beaner. Now go make some tacos.

Hmmm tacos. Colosso tomorrow? Haha

Believe it or not, there are some good shops around that take pride in the work they do. Usually the only shops I let touch it are Innovative and Auggie Auto on River and Williams.

No it’s not a GT3 YET (fuck Ferrari) but I still take pride in my evo.

What warranty do you have?

Route 66. They’re pretty good. One nice thing is any part that has to be covered can be replaced with aftermarket as long as it doesn’t cost more than the original OEM part.

what clutch are you putting in…

A good shop will let you think that.

Kinda like getting a reach around.
You’re still getting fucked but at least you feel like they care.

Comp clutch

R u buying the clutch or the warranty company? Route 66 I believe pays 78 on the hour and 20% above dealer cost on parts.

No they aren’t paying for the clutch I am. I’m going to talk to Russ tomorrow, hopefully he can get this done right away.

What made you decide on a competition clutch?

They are good clutches, the first ones they came out with for the evo were on the shitty side but since then they’ve upgraded and redesigned. They are inexpensive and I’ve been told only good things about the newest clutches they offer. I might actually go for an HD street, I found a reputable vendor on EvoM that will ship it to me for $375. Check this out

http://forums.evolutionm.net/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/582992-competiton-hd-street-disc-clutch-alt-hdss.html

I haven’t heard of anyone doing this yet but I want to have ports welded onto my trans for temp/pressure gauges too.

There’s probably a reason nobody welds ports onto the transmission…the Evo platform is heavily R&D’d by multiple companies and businesses, there is most likely not a need for trans temp/pressure. I’m curious to see how this competition clutch works out for you. I’ve been looking at a bunch of twins/triples and haven’t decided what I want yet and they have an offering for the X.

We’ll see, I think it has to be split and it takes no room for the tip of a sensor I don’t see why it can’t be done. And I’m pretty confident in the clutch, finally I can get an E85 tune :slight_smile:

I have an Exedy twin on mine. It can be a bit grabby for street use and it rattles when the pedal’s in, but it’s stout and no slippage.

You forgot to add the part where that clutch is $1,600… I can’t bring myself to spend that much on a clutch, that’s half the MAP motor.

Haha yeah that’s the price if you don’t know people…