Good ASE certified shop around Amherst for trans/clutch job (EVO)

I put Amsoil MTG in today, this was me
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii608/evilevo91/images-1.jpg

So you’re getting a twin disc clutch for under 400$ ?

No I’m going with the HD street, it’s a single disc 3000lb clamp

Told ya man

oh ok, i was confused by this double clutch thing lol. if you don’t end up getting it done by a shop and want someone else to do it i can save you money. it’ll prob be 300-500 vs like 1100 at licatas or anywhere else lol.
try elma automotive also, they’re rates arent that bad and they just did a friend of mines clutch on his wrx

I want to talk to this Russ guy at Lacatas I just didn’t have a chance today. My warranty will definitely cover the labor.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Yea I’m very pleased with the MTG

I have the comp hd single in my evo and its awesome you will love the clutch. No lock out issues and its grabby for a single disk organic clutch

Yea I’ve been told nothing but good things about it. Do you launch? I’m wondering how much abuse it can take compared to an Exedy stage 1.

The guys at continental transmission in west seneca are total pros, very honest, and have good rates.

DO NOT take it to Transitowne! I cannot stress that enough! I recently just found out that the Tech at Transitowne is not even a certified Evo tech.

Edit: I guess Ray Laks doesn’t deal with Mitsubishi anymore?

But is he Ferrari certified? Wasn’t aware you had to be certifiable to work on an economy FWD based car?

Evo owners hurt my brain.

Nvm. I’ll play nice.

Play nice?

Yeah, I drive a miata…and?

Forget it.

It’s my understanding the techs have to be certified.

It’s my understanding that it’s an evo and not fucking brain surgery.

Looks like a pain in the ass but not much worse than an audi/subaru

I get your point but when you don’t have the tools or garage to do the work yourself you may have to have a shop do it. I also think this is his DD.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Same here. I love the Exedy Twin.

From what you told me via PM you plan on putting down some serious power. You really don’t want to cheap out man

I got mine for 1300 from importDPS in Philly