Fair priced trans shops?

Looking to get my trans rebuilt. Anyone have a preferance of a transmission shop that’s relativly good on pricing? I was going to stop at Cottman on Central ave to get prices today.

amdisthebest & delucia motorsports… i hear they are the tranny guys

or is this for the S10 pile? if its for that, go to A1

Yea I heard they where pretty good at there work. But it is for the S10, I may do it my self. I was told it’s not to bad to do.

I did all that work pulling that seal and shit out. I got home to find a bigger puddle then before. Turns out the pump bushings go and fuck that seal up. So I am going to just replace the bushings and seal again, fun fun…

Opitz does awesome work.

Rowland Street garage in Ballston Spa is pretty good from what Ive heard and they do performance rebuilds too.

Opitz completely fucked me on a clutch job and wouldnt warranty it for an issue I had- the bolts were loose and I couldnt even use the clutch but they said theyd never leave them loose. $1000 for a clutch replacement in a 2wd S10.

Holy fuck 1000$! That’s like a 2 hour job!

Looks like I will be doing the job myself. I have been reading up on it. It doesn’t look difficult at all.

Yeah, I know. I did the previous clutch in it a few months before that but something fucked up with it. They said my flywheel was bad but I dont think that cost the $300 they said it did- my Mustang’s was less than $100.

Automatics are a bitch if you dont know what youre doing. I took a tranny class in college and still couldnt rebuild one.

I am sure I could manage.

opitz does great work .all of the cars that need tranny work go there

one little fuck up like a check ball in the wrong spot and youll have a bad tranny.

That’s why I have a 2nd trans that needs the same thing done :tongue