Cottman Transmission

Anybody ever had any work done there or know if they are any good? I have an appointment there on wednesday to get my tranny checked out. Free computer scan etc. I figure it would cost at least $50 anywhere else.

do not get a tranny rebuilt there…my mother had three done and they all lasted like 15,000 miles…

i but went there for tranny fluid replacemnet on my monte z34 like every 12,000 miles

if its for the gtp, see shawns auto service or try john at the transplant

dont go to cottman. i had the mustang’s done there. took them 3 weeks, then it blew again in 200 miles. then i took it back, took the fuckers a month to rebuild it the 2nd time. plus, ive heard stories about them only replacing the broken parts, and charging for a complete rebuild

Army’s transmissions in West Homestead… Ask for Scott… Thats the only place I’d ever even think of going for something tranny related…

Cottman sucks. Took the family van and my old sebring there and it took forever, they scratched the fuck out of my paint, and the tranny worked but was not smooth enough to be worth what I paid to have it fixed ($1500) Take it to that place on Rt. 8. Somebody chime in with a name, I forget…take it anywhere but Cottman.

:bigok: Do you have the numbers for these places?

hodge is the man.right in ur back yard!

412-233-9538-shawn
i dont have the transplants number handy
brians recomendation is good also and hes close

:cool: I just talked to him and I’m going to stop down tommorow. Heres what the car is doing- When your going like 60mph and touch the pedal down like 1 inch the rpms shoot up to like 4-5k. I have higher ratio rockers than stock but it shouldn’t go up that high when barely touching the gas. Are my 4th and 5th gears going out>?

im sure 4th is ,if you have 5 gears, you have the wrong trans!!!

:doh: Any guesstimate about how much that will cost to have done if thats the only problem?

x2 mine cost $1400 just replacing 3rd gear :rolleyes: 4 months later KABOOM!

driver

it sure was, got a shorter shifter and never happend again…

still have to do the whole tranny, valve body and solinoids<if one goes the whole thing goes so 700-1500 depends on what will go in it.

I maybe better off buying a used one then, I’ve seen them as low as $500 but they also had like 90k on them. I’ll post up exactley whats wrong with it tommorow. Thanks to everyone who posted their expierence with Cottmans I’ll make sure I don’t go there.

thats true but im sure the shop will want install $$$

i go to transmissions by lucille. she’s my friends grandma.

Shift solinoid is bad. I only have 1st and 2nd gear. If I spend the $400 on a new shift solinoid my 3rd and 4th gears may still be gone or no? Theirs some metal in my tranny fluid as well so it looks like I’m looking for a used tranny.