Don't Deal with Cottman Transmissions

Our 2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 was in the shop approximately 1 year and 10 days ago because the transmission went out. After all was said and done we had things like the Torque Convertor rebuilt and spending 2,300$. Well the warranty expired 10 days ago and the transmission started ouring out tranny fluid as we came up our driveway, now when I say pouring, I mean POURING out as in prolly 2 minutes all the fluid would have been out. Now it would only do this while in gear. So we have the truck towed back to Cottman’s and they give us a call a week later and say it was the Torque Convertor and something else, don’t know what all it was because I didn’t talk to them. Now they said it will be 2100$ and they’ve already started the work. WTF is that about? And I believe we only put 20k miles on it since the first rebuild. Who has 5,000$ to put into a pos chevy in 2 years? And for anyones info we do All regular maintenance and have it done at dealerships usually.

how do you rebuild a torque converter… wow that sucks all there prices are reiduclous…

Dont Deal with Cottmans Transmission…No Shit

x’s 3,303,128,202,292,210

Cottman F-

Honestly, I can’t ponder why thier even in business.
Shotty Workmanship to Plain Liars.

thats a no brainier cottman sucks

ps PM pewter about a trans

id never go to cottman

i was gonna say Brain could get you a tranny for the price your paying to get fixed.

sorry to hear
if getting rebuilt Pewter has a kickass guy to rebuild trans

:rolleyes: I wasn’t here the first time they shipped it to the, they most likely chose them because of the free towing. We had it took back to them because we only have 2 trucks and usually need both of them as we ship horses so much. And we figured they should be able to cut us some slack as they worked on it the first time. We were wrong.

they killed me on the Mustang once too. f that place

30 days for a T5 rebuild and it lasted 1 week

i used to work next door to one… i wuold see the same cars come in and out of there… sitting behind the building for weeks at a time, a couple times a year… :rofl:

that sucks

I had mine rebuilt at Budget transmission on Rt 88. So far it is holding up decent and that was about a year ago. I hear Cottman was assturds and Budget was cheaper. They got me for about $1,800 or so.

While we’re sharing bad experiences…

I had a few transmissions rebuilt at T&S in Aliquippa, nothing but the best service.

A few months ago I took a vehicle there for a rebuild, got it back in a week but with all kinds of shifting problems. Took it back, they had it for over a MONTH, and when I got it back it still wasn’t right.

Right now I’m living with it since it’s just a spare vehicle / winter beater anyway.

You have to drive the car you know.

???..not my WS.6…My GTP I put about 11-12K a year on it

not vouching for aamco, but they have rebuild 2 trannies for me, and i’m pleased.

my mom took her caravan to cottman, had it rebuild, and took it back 3 more times in a week for service, :nono: I’ll never go there.

Lol J/k thought you where talking bout the WS.6

I had the transmission rebuilt on my previous car ('99 Oldsmobile Intrigue) at Gillece Transmissions (Rt. 8). They had the car done in about week and the transmission never had any issues after leaving the shop. They charged about $2100.

Gillece in cranberry A+

you get what you paid, simple as that.