Short GF who wants a dirtbike = cant find shit for her!

My gf wants to start to ride with us. She can ride a sport quad fine, but wants to get on 2 wheels to have fun, and prep her for a street bike in the next year or so.

She is 4’11". Little to no track riding, mostly trails and sand. (hehe sand ohh boy that will be fun)

So far she cant even swing a leg over the RMZ-85L (big wheel) at Griffens, but fits on the little wheel 85 air cooled.

Honda CRF150R, is about an 2 inches tooo tall. The threads had about 5-8 left on the rear pre-load, and I could move the forks down an inch on the tripples, and she would be ok.

CRF150F, she fits on fine. (seat height is about 2 inches lower than the CRF150R) But it has shit suspension, and is air cooled.

I know the YZ85LW is about 4 inches taller than the CRF150F, and the YZ85 is still 2 inches taller. But I havent had a chance to have her sit on it.

KTM85 I think is about the same as the RMZ85L.

I dont want her to buy a shit suspension and small tire bike, and I dont really want air cooled. I have seen riders get big ass soles for their boots, anyone know where I can get them made? Or what do you think is a good small person bike?

my sister is 4’ 11" and she races dirtbikes…won 1st overall last season…she has the 08 CRF150R. We just put a CRF250F motor in it for this season…it hauls ass!

we just set her suspension soft so when she sits on it, it squates enough so she can tip toe on it…she can start it and everything herself.

her previous bikes were a 03 YZ85…98 YZ80, 01 KX100 and a 04 KFX250F she used for a practice bike…on the KFX250F we had to cut and shorten up the sub frame, shave down the foam on the seat and get a rear lowering link for her rear shock…she able to tip toe on that as well when it was done.

Pit bike with a lifan 125cc setup!

You can also buy shaved down seats if height is an issue too.

fiddy.

also remember that after it " breaks in" the suspension sags out, and softens up quite a bit compared to the showroom floor.

there are more than one way to lower the bike for free no shaving or lowering links. all shocks springs are compressed by two spanner nuts if you will. looseing them lower the bike. plus z06 is right after 15 to 20 hrs the suspension breaks in and will sit lower. get her the 150f she will love you more for it

I stopped by On the Pipe to pick up over priced ktm oil filters, oil and an air filter for my super moto and he had a 07 150R there. It was his friends wifes bike, and only has 10 hours on it. They shaved the foam on the seat, we lowered the forks an inch and I just put a little weight on the rear, to drop it another 1/2" or so, and she was good to go! So I am picking that up this afternoon for her.

He also had 2 race bikes from som semi-pro there. 08 ktm 250sxf’s, both were brand new topends, and clutches. Factory connection suspension, for a 140lb rider, which I am with gear, suspension is serviced constantly. 90% tread on the tires, wheels are in great shape. FMF titanium 4 full system. Renthal twin wall bars. Brand new seat, and plastics. The one I am picking up along with the 150 is solid. headset bearings are tight, hub bearings are tight, no oil leaks form the forks or shock, bars are straight, t-tree doesnt even seem like it hit the bump stops ever, rear subframe is straight, even the chain and sprockets are in great shape.

WOOT, I am picking up two dirt bikes in 4 hours! FUCKING RAIN.

congrats on the new bikes :thumbup

Thanks dude.

Took Steff out for her first 2 wheel expience. OHHH BOY! It took her about 20 minutes and alot of kicking to get used to the twist throttle and the clutch. Once I told her to keep her eyes up and a head, she was alot better. She started geting decent controll, starting and stoping, and turning. I showed her how to feather the clutch in the tight turns and to put her foot down, and she started hitting second with out me telling her to. I hopped on mine and she follwoed me around the house a bunch to times. I took her into a muddy turn and figured she would tuck the front end, but she was wicked stable. suprised the hell out of me. She even wheelied up the step up on my yard a few times! she fell a bunch of times, kicked her shin on the starter once, but she had fun! so far so good. I doi have to lower it a bit more for her, so she doesnt have a hard time on off camber starts and stops.

My bike is alot different than my 05 crf250r was. waayyyy more responsive motor in the ktm. once i got used to the geometry, i was semi confertable on it. once i get used to it, it will be sweet.

yz80

Buy her my Z400 lol

bikes rule quads drool aka adam is not cool

we will have to get you and her out for a ride. congrats on the bikes

I will just hafto show you how bad quads drool :wink:

I beg to differ.:ninja

Eh, Sex can fuckin ride, and his bike is no joke. Im a quad guy, but dont take him lightly!!

we will hafto put him to the test with my little sister.

He MAY take that the wrong way…:lol

im pretty sure anyone would lol unless they know her.

yummy im a gummy bear:haha im down adam lol