Should I Sell The F-body?

Ever since the Army made me cut my mullet i just havent felt right driving my camaro hahahah sorry i found it funny(never really had a mullet for those of you like wtf). Anyhow seriousley i have someone interested in buying my car for KBB+1/3 of the mods should i take it. It would be somewhere around 17-18k. I just dont know if i can handle taking the hit especially since i dropped $4k on some sweet parts before i deployed that i havent even used yet. If i sell it Im 90% on buying a FRC vette or a 01-02 ZO6. So what do you think? Leave the business of pwning people and get a vette?

[quote=“cougarspeed”"]

Ever since the Army made me cut my mullet i just havent felt right driving my camaro hahahah sorry i found it funny(never really had a mullet for those of you like wtf). Anyhow seriousley i have someone interested in buying my car for KBB+1/3 of the mods should i take it. It would be somewhere around 17-18k. I just dont know if i can handle taking the hit especially since i dropped $4k on some sweet parts before i deployed that i havent even used yet. If i sell it Im 90% on buying a FRC vette or a 01-02 ZO6. So what do you think? Leave the business of pwning people and get a vette?

[/quote]

4k is a lot of money in mods man. someone is always willing to buy a fast f-bod. if i were you i’d stick it out for now and appreciate your hard earned money going back into it rather than buy a vette. there’s always vettes for sale too. someone will give you just as much for you f-bod down the line as they would now if not more. it’s not like you have a fast VW that no one wants.

Would you stop being gay? I know its hard for you…

[quote=“Dex,post:2,topic:35624"”]

4k is a lot of money in mods man. someone is always willing to buy a fast f-bod. if i were you i’d stick it out for now and appreciate your hard earned money going back into it rather than buy a vette. there’s always vettes for sale too. someone will give you just as much for you f-bod down the line as they would now if not more. it’s not like you have a fast VW that no one wants.

[/quote]

Good advice. But it it hard to sell a f-body for 17-18k man so im not sure if i should pass it up and ive had it for like four years i think it just might be time.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:3,topic:35624"”]

Would you stop being gay? I know its hard for you…

[/quote]

Ok well i was totally straight befoe i met you so i dont get why you would advertise that on nyspeed.:gotme: Also dont worry its not like i would ever consider an option slower then 7.8whatever in the 1/8 lol fag. But seriousley im thinking if i do this and get the vette now as soon as im back home im going to get a cheap roller and do it right so dont be upset.

Well you do have a few cars to beat around here first :slight_smile:

I wont even be in b-lo again for two years soooo. Im not going to decide to sell my car or not based upon if i can show up some people in b-lo two years from now. They know i pwn them anyhow jk jk. Like i said if i sell it i will most likley build a purpose built f-bod when i return home instead of just throwing stupid money at this one forever its too nice. A clean 01 with 36k miles i dont want to destroy it more then i have. Dont forget im mad baller.

How fast is your car ? Any track times?

On a 150 shot i got it to go 10.56 at 134 i now have it steup and tuned for a 200 shot. Also have extra noids and plan to do a 250 dual stage but I will say 10.56 only cause thats the best i have a timeslip for. It now has a full coilover front suspension and the extra 50hp nitrous so…

I’d keep it for a few more years til the current vettes come down in price then get one of those.

No matter when i buy a vette it will be a 99-00FRC or 01-02 ZO6 they are what i like reguardless of money they would be what i pick i like them the best. I wouls take a c-5 ZO6 over a c-6 ZO6 on looks alone i can take care of making it fast. A 01 ZO6 can readily be had for $24k or less I could get in a FRC for $18k easy.

it is a tough call, but like you said is it worth it to let it sit for two years and pass up the possible chance of not selling it for 18k again. You’re in a tough position but if my t/a had to sit for two years i’d sell it. And as you stated you’d be building a purpose built f-bod when you return so you won’t really be missing much.

Hmm i misworded that i ment i wont be back in B-lo for two more years. But i will be back in the US July 08 so i would get to see her soon. I dont know guys i think i would just rather drive a FRC-ZO6 then build a purpose built F-bod when/if i want to down the line. Also just to make the humpers mad it would be a 6-sp Auto FTL

Sell it. Just think of how much 18k invested In 2-3 years would be. You would have enough cash to have an FRC w/add-ons. And when your done with your tour you have what you wanted & you won’t be driving looking at other peoples FRC thinking “Man I should have sold when I had the chance”.

18k>Fbody

Sell it. Your Fbod is sweet for what it is but no comparison to a nice Z oh siqqq. Youve already ran some nice times with your Fbod now its time to step up your game a notch and go C5 :pimp:

[quote=“Shifty,post:14,topic:35624"”]

Sell it. Just think of how much 18k invested In 2-3 years would be. You would have enough cash to have an FRC w/add-ons. And when your done with your tour you have what you wanted & you won’t be driving looking at other peoples FRC thinking “Man I should have sold when I had the chance”.

18k>Fbody

[/quote]

Word i think im with you on this one. Then when i move home and hve somewhere i can work on a car again ill build something to hurt everyones feelings with again.

:word:

I’d say to keep it, but that is me… if you really want a vette, go ahead with that :gotme:
Deffinatly take the money put it in a cd or something well your gone and when you back for good and able to enjoy, you could probably almost pay for the vette in full…

if you get a 5% rate on a cd in 3 years thats $20,837.25 and even if thats all you save, which I’m sure you could save more, that’ll be a very nice down payment…

I vote keep it :tup:

i was going to sell mine for a vette too. i say do it.

only reason i dont is because it would PROBABLY take a while to get my asking price, then take a while to find a CLEAN vette with the stuff i want for the price im willing to pay… so ill take the car out another year an see what happens.

at this point in the game, i’d rather cruise around in a pimp vette then always be working on a street beast

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:19,topic:35624"”]

at this point in the game, i’d rather cruise around in a pimp vette then always be working on a street beast

[/quote]

Trust me it gets old man, you’ll be wanting to mod it the first week you get it. Then the week after that you’ll be putting a turbo kit on it and have the same problems you have now :banghead: Its a never ending battle:shoot: