Should i sell the ///M?

Never thought i would be saying this so soon…but i am looking into an E46 M3. Might have a great deal on one. The only difference… it’s not a 6spd. but its SMG. The more i read about the SMG the more i really like it. If you know nothing about it… do a search. I found a lot of great things about it on bimmerforums.

Anyways. I am really considering this seeing that the car will be more reliable seeing that it is a lot newer. The car is in great shape…and hell…it’s an E46 M3.

I have done a lot to my car, and i would hate to see it go, but i think this would be a good choice

what do you guys think?

I say doooo ittttt uppppp!!! I love your car especially the back seat but more newer = more pimper :slight_smile:

Do it…

well… id say do it. then we can look pretty baller at localnet w/ the e46 m3. turbod is300 and brand new evo

question #1 - is it yellow?
question #2 - how many miles on the smg?
question #3 - how much do you expect to get for your car?
question #4 - how much is the smg?

#1 it’s Imola Red
#2 24k miles
#3 not sure what i want for my car… but i will sell it…not tarde it in
#4 the cost is up in the air… might get a nice employee price :snky:

if you can get the employee price then jump on that for sure…

i dunno man… while i am sure smg is sweet, refined and fast, i still think it wont be as fun as a standard transmission.

If you’re not going to take too much of a loss, then do it.

i did think the same. But after reading a lot of peopls reviews on it. It seems fun as hell once u get the hang of it.

eh. but it’s one less operation… i dunno man. stepping on the gas to take off at a red light = boring.

wait. i just relized its an automatic… the gay.

wait jus realized you like to spill things all over yourself…you dumb shit. shut your mouth

well alteast you don gotta worry about doing a 5-2 in this one.

please stay on topic

edit: and dos… you are not one to talk right now about car problems. cause only a select few know what happened, :wink: kthx

Does SMG revmatch for you on downshifts?

^^not sure. i am still reading about it.

I have read too that once you get used to the SMG it’s great and you’ll love it. I drove a 530i SMG and thought it was weird to get used to. Didn’t really get to drive it long enough to really get it down though.

What year E46 is it? I would steer clear of the 01’s with their chronic engine grenade problems. I do really love the lines of the E46. E30 ///M>E46 ///M>E36 ///M.

I say do it if you can afford it.

here’s some quotes from bimmerforums

yea…i am staying away from the 2000-2002 seeing that i have read about some problems with those years.

the car is an '03 :slight_smile: