Should it stay or should it go (Audi A3)

Yes they do. They can tell if its been flashed.

@Jeller stock clutch?

Yes, stock clutch.

No issues, 5/6th gear slippage or anything?

By all accounts we share the exact same clutch and drivetrain. As previously discussed, hubs and a few other suspension bits is really only where we differ.

This is promising to hear, as i’ve heard some people speak of slippage on stage one. I’m in line with the same mindset as you, lowest hanging fruit… and stage 1 is it.

No slipping, have not even given it any thought that it would… I guess if I was a kid beating on it all the time, launching it etc… maybe. But it’s my daily and point A to B is the important thing here. I still have the oem clutch delay valve in place also, been meaning to take that out, just have not done it yet. I have gotten used to the clutch and how extremely light/vague it is, was hoping that taking out the delay valve would give a little bit of feel to the numb pedal.

I’m with you on that. My last car had the ECS bleeder block, and a dogbone mount. Helped a tremendous amount.

I just ordered the BFI stage 1 dogbone mount, but going to wait a bit on the bleeder block.

I tell you what helped feel a ton, is the clutch pedal ‘dampener’ spring, if you want to call it that. Removing that took 2 seconds and allows me to accurately feel the engagement point much more reliably.

I will give that a shot, seems like a easy one to try, thanks.

Jeller

1 Like

let me know how you like it.

@Jeller

Hey man, just wanted to follow up with you. 7k miles in and getting super itchy on a tune (apr likely) but that is a story for another day.

I wanted to let you know that I did the ECS bleeder block. That coupled with the spring removal, BFI dogbone mount (poly stage 2) and the clutch stop, and the car FINALLY feels like it should have from the factory. I’d say get one on there asap if you haven’t.

Cars looking good man. I hear you on the tune, I was the same way, couldn’t take it any longer. APR tune is going great for me, still amazed at the boost pressures this thing runs on 93oct tune ( 23-25psi depending on gear/load) runs as smooth as stock too, go APR. Thanks for the tips on the clutch, I was just going to pull the restriction out of the stock bleeder block like this https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-clutch-delay-valve-removal/
Just waiting for the weather to get better and I feel like working on cars again.

Jeller

@Jeller

certainly a much more cost effective option, with the same outcome. Get on it! Biggest difference yet as far as the ‘little stuff’ goes.