Siding and roofing my house, anyone know of good places to buy material.

I am finishing my house in the next few weeks and will be siding and roofing it. I will first strip the old roof(three layers) and then be using new plywood to go over the joists, so I will be buying a shit load of 4x8 plywood. I will also need ice shield, bundles, nails, gutters, some flashing, ridge vent, etc. Who has found some cheap places, anyone have a suggestion on shingle type? I am thinking of architectural, but if there is something out there you like I would like to hear it.

I am also siding the house after the roof is done. I am leaning towards Dutch lap but anything else I might also be interested in, let me know what ya think as well. Where is a cheap place for siding as well as roofing items? I am starting in about two weeks.

Direct Buy gets discounts at local suppliers but, I can not tell you which ones.
I can tell you I saved big time building my house.
Are looking at remodeling your kitchen anytime soon?

↑ No, I have finished my kitchen already.

If you know anyone thats a contractor, they may have an account at the following places:

ABC (used to be Mclean Thomas)
B&L Wholesale
Alside

Using a commerical account will help you, if you can.

I know Miris products sells to the general public, they are not too bad.

Maybe take your list of materials over to 84 lumber or somewhere that can provide everything to you, this way you can leverage your purchase a bit.

I can get ~15-20% discount at 84 Lumber, I did when I did my deck. I am trying to see if there is any places out there that deal with strictly siding material, that way they can beat out bigger stores.

I might end up using 84 for both roofing and siding material. Their website sucks ass, I can t see any shingles or siding options.

B&L is definately good if you can get in there.

Lenco lumber is way cheaper than home depot or lowes…

I usually use them for most of my material.

+2 i was going to say if you know anyone that does this for a living, b&l would be a good place to get your shit from.

architectural is easer to put on … thats about all I can add for you

You can get all those suppiles through Alside at a decent discount if you know a (sub)contractor. I got all of my supplies through them for ~$900, that was 22 sq. of Timberline architectuals, ridge vent, flashing, etc.

I use Lenco or Gui’s decent stuff and usually will deliver for free (spend over few hundred)

Miris Cash and Carry is pretty good i used to work at the one on River rd. in NT but they also have one on south western in O.P.