Sil-Forty Build thread***BC to ONT

You do some amazing work

It’s looking great so far!

now this is how a car is brought back to life. i love the feeling of getting rid of all that rust and replacing metal, feels so clean!

rims are soooooo small though with some + offset

Very Nice! wanna do my body work, im not looking forward to doing it lol. great work man keep it up!

It seems your dad tought you well, Nice work. i might jus have to copy for when i redo my bodywork :wink:

LOL thanks guys, I’d be happy to help you guys out when I get home in Aug. I’d really like to get to know the 240 community around Ontario…cause we all know when it comes to cars…its good to know people lol! and this is my first nissan so, it would be good to have knowledgeable people around!

Sorry for no pics lately, I have been workin like a chink in a shoe shop! But I am taking a few weeks off to get everything done…well as much as I can in that time! shoudl be close…but The wifes mom and bro are coming to visit…so I will have to juggle!

Updates soon guys!
Thanks again!

Nice build thread man! Cars comin along very nicely. As far as gluing down your suede and other fabrics. the spray bomb adhesive I have found to be less than efficient in getting it done, what you need is helmiprene made by a company called Helmetin. Its a fast drying, low viscosity cement that we used at my old shop to glue down every type of fabric and by far THE BEST WAY to lay down fabrics permanently. spray it with its own HVLP spray gun, spray both the backside of the material and whatever you’re gluing it to, let it tack and slap it down. The wrinkling you see is usually caused by temperature changes in low-quality spray adhesives. i’ve never had a problem with helmeprine, did a pimp perf suede headliner in my last car.

Keep up the good work! Keep those updates comin

Wow…props to you buddy. Taking the car from what it was to what it is now and what it is going to be soon. That’s dedication, I know I don’t have it…lol !! Cant wait to see the end result and you should definitely contact the guy who you bought the car off of and show him what his car looks like…lol.

Keep up the fantastic work !!

Thanks CB, I will def track down that stuff and re-do these pieces. Its a good thing I didnt get around to doing my Headliner! lol waste of time and money…:frowning: But on a brighter side…Im getting the paint this week, So I’ll have some updates soooon!!:slight_smile:

And Yah ZuDeck, it has been a long road with this thing…dragging it around from place to place all stripped, and everyone saying “get rid of it” …“its all rusty and I dont think its gonna make it” lol…but My wife is the bomb and she understands my manly needs when it comes to cars…lol So here we are 3 yrs later…and still truckin! I always say, if you stick with it, you get it done…eventually! lol

Update soon guys!!

You didn’t seriously just say that did you… nice build and all but… say what?!

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

You didn’t seriously just say that did you… nice build and all but… say what?!

lol what?..I thought we lived in CANADA here brother!? Dont worry its not like I’m an average American…I poke fun at race and party with the best of em! Half my friends are another race! Trust me dude, This guys the furthest thing from a racist lol

But thanks for the compliment dude…

P.s…I hope I didnt hurt your feelings!! If I did…sorry bud!

It’s all good, just not sure about some of the guys that has joined son240 recently (there was a dude with nazi flags in his garage lol) there was a recent incident with someone defacing a blackman’s picture at my automotive school also. Seems racism runs deep in some automotive circles and it’s not cool in my books especially in this day and age.

All good tho I crack jokes at my race and all my friend’s races all the time but its all light hearted stuff so I see where your coming from.

Also as someone getting into the autobody trade I admire the work, keep it updated bro I’m definitely following this one.

LOLLLLZZZZZZZ. Hahahahahhaha. Dude. I just laughed my ballls off. Hats off to you my friend. I’m pure chink, along with about 1/3 of this board, hahahah. Born and raised in the motherland and still love it when I hear that term.

Anyways, alls I got to say is, way to fucking go with your rebuild man!! That’s awesome to see how many man hours you’ve put into that thing so far. Where some people see junk, you see a project and make it cleaner than most people thought possible. Kudos to you. :slight_smile: I wish I had the patience for that shit man, but I’m far too busy in my shoe shop or doing math equations. haha.

I’d like to know why you want to move out of BC? that car’s is gonna end up with a lot of rust if driven during the winter months here on the east side. unlike the west coast, we use salt on our roads instead of sand.

any updates?

Crazy body work.
Nice start

curious on the method/materials used in the seem shaving?

weld and file/grind?

probably a 4.5" flap disk sander

huh? guy didnt notice was there when he just moved into his house lol

anyway DUDE love the build looks sick cant wait to see it done and cruise around the back streets of ontario with you and your whip

hahahahahahahahaha thats awesome dude! and thanks man…it has been a loooong time and having the patience comes from doing half the work to my last project! But I know that when its done…its done…well kinda…lol always upgrading as we all know!

and for the seem shaving…I welded all the seems then grinded with a flap disk, then filled as needed with a bit of short strand fiberglass and finished it off with a bit of bondo and filler! Came out pretty clean I think but ya heres a few more pics guys sorry for 0 updates for soooo long…but 2 boys + wife + job = no much time on my car :frowning: but no worries lads it will be done!!!

And it looks like I will be staying in BC for a little while longer…but I will still keep you updated with the build!

heres some pics for you guys!