Sil-Forty Build thread***BC to ONT

Hey guys, so Ill be quick here, I live in BC and I’m moving home to Ottawa in August so I figured I would get a build thread going of the project I’ve been wrenching on, when I can…as I’ve been working my balls off to pay old debt and get outta here lol

So I see her sitting in a parking lot of an apartment complex…been there for a few months and I just pulled in and left a note on the window, “If you want to sell it…call me!” So a few days go bye and boom…bought the car that week…and this is how she goes…

Pickin’ her up

OK so now that I know these pics are good go…more!

Sustec pro ss…not bad …i like em’

Viscous Lsd -Grabs like a champ.

So I got the front end all leveled out and ready for paint All was done in my back shed…lol I just moved into a duplex and had my drive way and a 7x10 shed to work in…ballin’

Thats it for Tonight…Ill up load some more in a few days with some progress!
Looking forward to getting back home and meeting a few of you guys at the meets…Cheers

bang any olypians?

looks like a good start for a sil-40 project

what are you plans for this

Pretty much take her down to metal and start from there…with the tools I have…as I left all my tools and a nice big shop back home …life changes a wee bit with kids under your wing! lol

But pretty much looking for a clean black and charcoal grey theme, Rebuild the KA with a mild port’n’polish and boost it around 10-12 and have some fun while being able to track and street it…a Cage will come but not until late summer or even next year! We’ll see how soon I wanna slide on track!

Deadline…June…ish maybe May!? I do what I can when I can

haha, sorry dude no Olympic Twat my side of BC…Im up north…wishing it was their weather…8 months of winter sucks ball sack!

Watch for Olympic Update…:stuck_out_tongue:

looks like a good start :slight_smile:

sweet man

looks good man

Thanks guys…heres some progress …I moved again into a house …but only have a back yard and basement to work out of! Score on the warm basement. So this is what i did…

Ready to be pulled out…by hand…we felt pretty tough that day…lol

Ready for the basement

I try…my work shop ha…

to the bonez

The wife helping chisel away…the crap from hell!

Tucked away for the winter…

this is how happy i was to get the motor out!

Cleaned up the valve cover

So let me know if you guy have any suggestions about what I should be looking for in this car would be greatly appreciated…as Im new with nissan!
I mean just thinks to look out for or upgrade from stock for a reason!

Thanks guys…keep ya posted!

Looks good so far :slight_smile:

Well since your boosting the ka, I would upgrade the brakes eventrually. Most go with 300zx calipers and rotors.

5-lug conversion…300zx brakes…that front rebar looks pretty clean infact from what i can see int he pictures it almost all looks clean…nice work…doing it right

Yeh…well I live here in BC at the moment and theres no salt on the roads so cars are in great shape…its hilarious…like cars back home in Ont…that would be rusted out to the windows…are in showroom condition here…haha its sooo weird!

But ya I did have a body job before me…on the pass. side rear quarter! and the front end was banged up…I think that’s why they did the front end swap…But I took her all down the metal…pretty much! any rust on this car will be cut out…and replaced with new metal

This is my first body job and Im only taking what I learned from watching my father in law work…hes has a shop in Ont…1hr from Ottawa so if you need work done for a good price LMK!

its so true. I was just out there for 3 months and couldnt believe some of the vehicles i saw rolling around in mint shape! They wouldnt even exist here!

Just treat the new metal so it doesn’t rust up.

If you’re pulling the engine out, I’d lean more towards grabbing an SR with a blown headgasket or something, and have the head machined with a metal headgasket and a port and polish. That KA’s compression isn’t the friendliest to boost over the long term. Where as the SR runs lower compression and was designed with boost in mind.

Ya makes sense dude, but…we’re I live …there is O import shops,cars or poeple who drive cars for that matter…lol Its an Oil field town…so Everyone drives a truck or muscle…And IM to cheap to buy one and have it shipped…I may just wait and see what I can find at home! but for now IM rebuilding the KA to get it on the road…we’ll see which way I go…

more Pics

There…

Not there…

Not to bad

Same on this side

Oohh so rusty…battery tray…well was!

Pass.side

Rear Pass.

The old foam wing was torn off…booooo…Need a bit of new metal1

So that’s the rust for now!
Ill get the drivers side and others up tomorrow…thanks for the input guys…Sorry I haven’t been on much, I’ve been working ma balls off!

Keep ya posted!!

Oh shit, Fort John? I heard their roads were rough. Does BC have a safety you gotta pass too?

tonnes of fun for you

lol, ya bc only has a safety you have to pass if the car is coming from out of province…but theres no e test…you can literally buy a piece of shit…that is running off of 2 cylinders and all the lights are busted out…park it at your house…bring in the reg. and insure it right there on the spot…no questions hahaha! and we have drive thru insurance…open till 9pm lol its funny shit man!

few updates…

Working on the gate…after I grinded some paint dorwn…I found this gate was full of fiberglass and bondo…around the light and on top, so i cut it all out!

Finee…

Try to get some more up tonight or tomorrow!

Hey guys. update on the sil40 Body’s pretty much done! Happy with the way it turned out for my first body job on my own, pretty much just by watching my old man work…I mean I have done what we all have done…tried to smash a bucket of bondo or fiberglass in a rear quarter and shaped it to the body…lol…but this time and as my last car was done, everything is metal, So all the rust was cut out and new metal replaced it…let me know what you think, be honest too… fuck!

Fender with a few dents…fixed!

Shaved ant.

Cut out the rust and it had to sit for a few days…be carful…no rust lol

Done

The mess they made

Just tacking up …solid :slight_smile:

Seams to be shaved as well

Just got into a new house…with a double bay heated garage with a 60gal. compressor! Bought some air tools…sweeet!

Getting the rear quarters done

Lots of F.n blocking…from the bottom…= GAY

But its worth it

Bay is some what shaved…dont ask me why I never shaved everything…maybe next winter! But a wire tuck is going to be involved here

Battery Tray all done

Windshield Lip all fixed

A
N
D

Shes done…body all wrapped up…just waiting for its final sand and last walk around with filler…and paint is on its way! Interior is sort of done…still a few things to do, but the seats are mounted and the 4 points, carpet and dash!

Knock offs…yep…gangsta rep points.lol

Still have to redo the suede on the doors, center console and glove box. As they started wrinkling…anyone know what would cause that? I used 3m spray adhesive!?

Was…

Is…

I figured I’m Breathing life into this car…its a thing of the future…making us young…these guys in BC won’t blink an eye either!

And I picked us some used perellis to burn after i burn the fusions on the rims…

That is all…lol I feel sorry for the poor bastard with dial-up…sad thing is I know a few guys still rockin’ the 54k! anyways :blah::blah::blah:

Cheers guys,
Next update is this week…with some improvements :wink: Im taking a few days off work to get some work done on the car!

So taking off work to work! nice…I love my car!

-Nate

car is coming alone really nicely, good job man!

cant wait to see how its gonna look like in the end

keep us updated as you progress