Simple PCI Adapter Question

Bare with me, im not the best computer guy here…

I just bought one of Cyberjocks old PC’s and they don’t have disc drives. I will pick one up soon, but in the meantime I would like to at least get the internet going to it (I already have the router set up and running, I cant run a line to the computer)…

I dug up an old Linksys PCI adapter I had from a year or so ago and hooked it up. (I cant even find the intallation disc anyways, so even when I get the drive, I may need to bypass this setup)

My question is: Is there anywhere I can go from here in order to get that adapter running right without installing all the drivers and such from the disc.

Like I said, this should be a simple answer to anyone who knows computers at all.

Thanks a lot…

go to the linksys website and see if they have the driver available… I bet they do. usually under a support section.

Ok and then just save it to a flashdrive, run it in my new PC and voila… it will work???

thnx

that is what I would do

thanks a lot!!!

sounds right to me MOBOOST4U. Linksys.com is a very nice site compared to other manufacturer websites.

Yeah… It was really easy to navigate… im actually downloading right now

Ok… I saved all of the files from the linksys site to my flash drive… ran to the new computer, put the flash drive in, unzipped the folder and saved it to the computers hard drive. Ran the new hardware wizard and told it to search out the location i saved it to but no luck. It does not recognize it.

Im sure I have the right drivers saved for my hardware and version…

Any thoughts???

it didn’t come with a setup file? that you run? I know that may not show up in the hardware wizard. Look for a setup file.

If not its probably in an .ini (i think its .ini) that you it should see in the hardware wizard. IDK how linksys choses to do their drivers

It did come with a setup file but it just opens script on notepad

setup.exe … or setup.txt?

IDK your level of understanding with computers pardon the stupid questions if you feel its insulting

Yeah… my knowledge is not too advanced at all lol…

Im wrong … the quick setup opens nothing on either of my computers. it just flashes a bright purple Linksys screen for a second and then nothing opens (is this an error with the software)

The autorun however opens a notepad file with “autorun.exe”… so if I run “autorun.exe” in the run menu… will that work?

oh hahha nice … looks for that file. autorun.exe and run that.

I tried downloading a driver and unpacking it… but it was contained in a .exe file and I’m on a Whackoffintosh… So I really didn’t care to put much effort into this.

Also I have to go to work. Search around folder that was unzipped for something that will either A) run as an install file. (autorun.exe might be the ticket) or something that can be used in the hardware wizard. The extension is slipping my mind .ini .inp .idp something along those lines maybe.

Ok man… thanks so much