Sirius: check.

I don’t either. It is not as good as CD quality but it is waaay better than FM Radio

i got the s50…i love the selection and love everything about it…and on the 9th ill actually be able to use it for what i got it for…Stern that is

Well, it seems like an indoor antenna design, so it is indoors. My reception can’t be too bad though, as I’ve not experienced any dropouts at all.

The highs are definitely rolled off, and the stereo separation is not very good either. I think the signal strength theory is the best one so far.

128k or 160k is usually ok for me unless the original source is from vinyl, in which case the highs are very noticably rolled off at bitrates lower than 192k. I’ve A/B compared my mp3s to the original cds, and it is extremely hard to hear the difference at 160k, even on headphones. 128k in a car you can’t tell the difference, only at home.

try putting the antenna outside. It should be an inside/outside antenna.

my xm sounds awesome. ive installed a few sirius setups and found they were not very good sounding.

the antenna is made for outside. we keep ours at work outside all the time. what you will need to do is make sure its outside facing southwest. just for the hell of it, have Sirius send you a refresh signal and see what happens. I sell the stuff everyday nad havent had one complaint about this, or at least with the tuners that we sell.

Mine works fine, i love it, crystal clear. Shade 45 rawks

Well, I’m ignoring the sound quality for the moment and checking out the music, and so far it’s pretty good… and good to me means I’m hearing new stuff, not the same old crap I’ve heard a milion times before.

Was listening to JazzCafe 71. Good stuff to chill out to.

I’ve spent alot of time listening to Area 33, it’s ok, but definitely a bit too much on the epic laser trance genre.

Worse yet is 36: The Beat. Here is where the biggest garbage lies. More cheese than the whole state of Wisconsin.

Backspin 43 is pretty good, too. From back when hiphop artists actually had rhythm and the ability to rhyme.

Also didn’t realize that BBC Radio 1 was available on 11. I should be able to hear some Drum & Bass there, along with alot of the stuff that never makes it over here because the US music scene is so lame. :tup:

Interestingly, there is a station in the international (not listed in the guide, I discovered it by surfing the dial) that seems to play some interesting electronic stuff: Bandeapart 93. Looked on Sirius’s site and it looks like this is a French station. I’m betting their nighttime programming is not indicative of what I’ll hear if I tune in during the day. That’s too bad.

best bet is to just set your presets and forget about all the other stations :tup:

I am interested in the Radio Classics station…

I’ve always wanted to produce radio programs with full soundtracks, that sound like MOVIES, but are made for radio. I think there’s a decent untapped market for new “radio plays” like that. Anyone in the car or at a job could listen to the equivilent of a movie, without needing visuals. The production would cost much less than making a movie, too. When I saw that Sirius had a channel for “Golden Age Radio,” I figured they’d make new content…

Link
Sirius has also made a large investment in Radio Drama as seen on Cinematic Radio for Oscar winning filmakers, Charlie Kaufman, Joel and Ethan Coen to create 2 “made for radio” plays starring the likes of John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Meryl Streep, Marcia Gay Hardin, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Hope Davis, and John Slattery.

I’ve got it in the car, no complaints here, rarely listen to regular radio now.

X…

im not in my car nearly enough, but i know some people, like truckers, would be

:word:

I drive a lot of miles every year, but rarely more than 30 min at a time. Unless you do that it seems like you wouldn’t tune in. At home, TV>Radio, if you’re not doing other stuff.

x…