site about turbos?

is there a website where i can get info on turbos? like the specs and sizes? i just got a te05-12b from a saab and i wanted to get some specs for it, thanks

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-41061.html

Thats about all the info that is out there for it. It’ll support 200-220 whp max.

think it would be okay on a H22? i plan on running 5-6lbs at the most

I would imagine so. A 16G compressor housing would help a lot. May start to fall off on the top end though.

that turbo is WAY smaller than a 16g, and going to be a terrible match for a h-twentypoo

hmm shit…anyone know where i can get either a eg or ef hatch thats stock :slight_smile:

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:5,topic:31757"”]

that turbo is WAY smaller than a 16g, and going to be a terrible match for a h-twentypoo

[/quote]

People on Saab site said the housing will bolt up?

just cause a housing bolts up doesnt mean that its compatible.

the turbine itself might be much smaller. if the turbine and the housing dont match up right, it wont be efficient.

Good point. My bad.

Work yes, well no. Top-end will most likely suffer quite a bit.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:10,topic:31757"”]

Work yes, well no. Top-end will most likely suffer quite a bit.

[/quote]

top end? i guarantee it doesnt make any power over 4k.

the housing is no where close to comparable with a td05.

then what engine would a turbo this size be decent on? a D16? im just curious, is there a site i can learn about a turbo and how they work and the different parts of them? i am a n00b when it comes to turbos :redface:

there are stickied threads about turbos here on nyspeed with good links and good info on matching up turbos with your application

if it came off a saab then it was already undersized for its application. after saab dumped the t3 shit got retarded.

they have bottom ends with awesome rod stroke ratios, and really nice heads. then they fuck it up by putting in crappy cams and a super tiny turbo to give the engine some low range power. its completely bassakwards giving you end up with siiiqqq 2000rpm burn out power, and then the rides over at 3000rpm.

all little bitter are we?

anyone know what year saab stopped using the T3 ?