Skiboarding

i skiboard, i have line weapons, i dont think line makes skiboards anymore search around on the internets u can find some shit, i love no poles rules

they def didnt have releasable binding when i blew out my knee

Ski boards are fun, I have a pair of the original salomans. I wouldn’t ever dare going off a large jump in a terrain park with them though, there isn’t enough surface area for an appropriate landing most of the time.

Take it from me…

Buy a pair of freeskis. For your size and weight, a stiffer ski at around the 175cm length would perfect for you for stability and speed, park, and trees.

Skiboards in my personal opinion are not good for all-around use at all. They are unstable, ESPECIALLY for terrain in Vermont and a larger skier.

To be honest, I’m not sure if companies even make them anymore. I know Line quit making skiboards to focus on full-length skis as the skiboard market deteriorated and virtually disappeared.

Slower = better.

I might go even shorter. I mean, I guess ski’s nowadays are all shaped for good control

Shorter /= slower today.

QFT! I got a used pair a while back bc i’ve been rollerblading for about 12 years now. I could throw huge cork 720’s and 900’s but I decided to keep snowboarding instead because skiboards are gay as hell. Just get some old salomon 1080’s or some line ski’s if you want to freestyle.

Howie, I strongly advise you to go with a moderately lengthed ski. Stability is the key part here, even for slower speeds. Most skis now as easy as hell for anyone to turn. Hell, I skied a pair of 185cm Rossignol Scratch BC’s over the weekend. I am 6’0 195lbs. I could turn those skis on a DIME and they were 98mm underfoot waist.

If you are concerned about manueverability, you could go down to a high 160-low 170, but honestly, at your height and weight I wouldn’t recommend it. It will be very easy for you to overpower a smaller ski.

Skis are not built the same way they were 10+ years ago.

Ding! I have 2 pairs. A pair of LINE Mike Nick Pro’s and a pair of Nordica something-or others. You have to nail your landings perfectly, no room for error front to back. They do have there uses though. You can absolutely FLY through the woods on them, beat the shit out of them, bounce down mogul runs, etc… The wall at Holiday Valley becomes a total joke on them, because you can turn on a dime with them, even if it’s sort-of icy. Another plus, is that you can teach someone how to ski on them in a matter of minutes especially if they already know how to rollerblade, or ice skate. I really had no idea they weren’t made anymore though, I’ve been out of it for a few years.

no shit… always wanted to try them out back in the roller blading days. I think the company was called sled dog or something like that? Pretty sure that Roadhouse used to endorse them