Skunk? Did you do this? ver. IT Blunder

lol lol :bloated:

I keeeeddd, but man, does that suck.

man you guys are ruthless. it’s like no one else ever did something stupid they regretted :bloated:

…but i like how the backup tapes were unreadable. that’s a kick in the balls like never before, hahaha

If you think about it though, not many place test their DR plan. How can they, most places that run some or all 24/7 shit have no time to do such things regardless of how much sense it makes. Oh well.

:snky:

oops

umm thats more than stupid right there

1. formatted drive
  2. formatted back up…

thats not regretful, thats just stupidity. 38 Billion, is way way too much to just have an oops

Overview
Alaska is the only state that does not collect state sales tax or levy an individual income tax. To finance state operations, Alaska depends primarily on petroleum revenues. Some of its cities and other local jurisdictions, however, do collect sales tax revenue. More on Alaska taxes can be found in the tabbed pages below.

LOL, alaska is getting fucked too

haha i was defending my <3 skunk.

nice

Wow, stupid to not have an off site backup. Or let alone a working off site backup that couldn’t be formatted.

I would think 38 billion would be worth a little bit more $$ to some people…

this is why glorified IT guys should not work on DR. hire someone that knows what they are doing.

With that kind of money on the line they should have looked into better data recovery options lol

Bingo, they figure they are going to lose 200k on it, I wonder if thats a gut-check for any other accounts they have.

<3

haha fucking tard…

That’s ok, plenty of our engineers are so afraid of losing IP that they refuse to allow any of their data on the servers for fear someone is going to steal their shit. Nevermind the fact someone could pickup their desktop, or their stack of backup cd’s and walk away, or \computer\c$ :bloated:

People are way too careless on computers, everyone thinks there is going to be some magic fix for everything no matter how bad they fuck up :stuck_out_tongue:

correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldnt a raid setup had prevented this?

No

Raid setups protect against hardware failure…If you delete something and its striped/mirrored across 3 drives…its still going to be gone.

That is one benefit of a raid setup yes, it all depends on what type of raid backup they had. Or hell maybe somehow they did have it setup and he formatted the backups. Who knows, it doesn’t mention if the backup drive was in a raid array or if it was an off site backup brought in.

I just want to know if the guy will keep his job doh!

Wow that sucks balls!

RAID is NOT a back up method.

RAID protects from hardware failure and can also increase read/write speed.

If you format your Raid 1 setup(Mirroring)…your data is gone from both drives.

RAID setups save you(depending on what level of RAID your running) when a hard drive physical dies.

justin has his period today