Skyline Performance parts

SERIOUSLY I’VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH THE FWD RWD CRAP IF YOU CANT FUNCTION AS A GROUP, HENCE THE NAME “NISSAN ENTHUSIASTS CLUB” I SUGGEST YOU GO ELSEWHERE.KEEP YOUR LITTLE POT SHOTS TO YOURSELF AND CONTRIBUTE WHAT YOU CAN TO THE THREAD

It has nothing to do with RWD? tell me about building RB25’s and 26’s. What all Is needed to make 400hp umm a turbo and a boost controller… what is needed to do it safely is another question

I said to do some reading on skylinesaustralia and gtrcanada. they are very informative on this stuff as I am not about read through everything especially and copy and paste stuff when i don’t know what hes looking for. Are you dragging ,drifting racing, daily spirited street driving this? This all gives us a sense of what he needs and whats best… plus turbo’s like laggy drag mobile or quick responsive power? Suspension relies on how hard he will drive the car as well and what wheel tire setup he needs. Building head or bottom end? what do you mean by building building what?

I come off as a jerk sometimes, but I am trying to be helpful. So don’t try to turn this into a RWD thing. Even Got-SER knows if you ask me specific questions that make sense I can be very helpful not like I say fuck off you drive a sentra. If you ask broad questions you get tons of jibber jabber which is happening now.

I’m not disputing the fact that you bring a ton of knowledge to forums, nor do I or have I ever said I know what is involved in a rb build.What Is bothering me is post the needed information without involving FWD. I dont know whats gotten into this forum lately but the stupid bickering and snotty posts between fwd rwd, has got to stop. I’m not picking on you or any other Rwd members, as i have also submitted warnings to certain FWD members. You can be an asset on our forums without taking little pot shots every where. They fan the flames and make things worse

Ken there was no pot shot at RWD/FWD owners. His statement was valid. He was saying talk to those who have built up an RB25, they will give me the best advice. So just chill man :lol:

Thanks for all the info and I have been looking at a few forums but not any Australian ones, have any URLs? Also, this will ultimately be my summer ride, I want dependability, reliabilty and manageable HP. So nothing over 400 whp for me. Single turbo setup is good enough. And I don’t plan on being a brand name whore because from what I have gathered so far, it seems you can get the same output from some stuff that doesn’t come straight from Japan.

Hence all the questions. I will be doing more research and planning my build wisely. I just hope I can get a good quality R33 for the right amount of cash. But we will see when I begin shopping next year, hopefully :smiley:

Thanks for all the help guys!

That’s a better way to word it :thumbup1:
Although, I do see where Ken’s concern is on the wording about the Sentra & Altima comment is. All he/we ask is that wording (although tough sometimes) be a little less negative to other car owners. And your right Guys like me probably wouldnt know anything about modding a Skyline, but there are people here who have owned them and may work at a shop and work on them that drive Sentra’s and Altima’s :26:

And on topic Dennis…I don;t have a F’N clue. Hahahaha

Chris VG has been beating the shit out of a stock RB25 for 3 years now its a neo but… big turbo and safe tune… he just put a bigger turbo on now like GT35. But thats still not 400 whp

my biggest concern is getting tuning software and a good tune.

heres the aus forum hard to understand some of the shit because of their slang
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/home.html
the forced induction should say all

I heard of a guy who goes by the name stinky, he apparently knows A LOT about Skyline tuning and would be worth looking up. I drove a Skyline for 2 years, winter and summer and can say make sure it has fuel, good spark, no leaks, and a strong bottom and top end (ARP pre stretched studs, bearings, etc.). Stock RB20’s are good to 400hp, so an RB25 should pass that easily (no replacement for displacement!). Check GTRC and SAU websites and you should find all the info you need. I semi built my RB20 with info from both those sites.

IS there any one in Western Canada who knows how to Tune a Skyline properly? Parts is one thing, but I’m worried there may not be anyone close to get this car tuned properly by a pro. Any ideas?

Reg reimer in calgary tunes all the high horse power cars. I am taking my car to him when my engines done.

Getting my motor done at the block shop in edmonton. Good guys and they do shit right.

Thanks! What are you getting done to your engine? And if you don’t mind me asking, how much is it costing you? And finally :smiley: why didn’t you build the engine yourself?

Getting done everything…oil pump, new water pump, custom pistons, rods, bearings, arp studs everywhere, new crank collar, costing me tooo much!!! luckilly I got a steal on the turbo,mani,wastegate but I dunno if I can afford another 2000 on the head unless i sell my car. Plus you got to add up all the new lines and fittings a hundred here a hundred there and you are in for way more than you thought.

And I am not building it myself cuz pistons don’t come perfect and neither do rods or anything else they all have flaws and a machine shop can actually do what they need to ballance everything. And most people don’t do head machining themselves.