Skyline Performance parts

I have a question, what are the more reputable companies that sell parts for R33 RB25DET ? Namely engine mods. Thanks.

Engine mods, what are you looking to do??

I’m doing some research and homework right now. Like costs to rebuild/build up a R33 GTS25T. If the pricing and importing looks good I may buy one next year :smiley: But I want get more familiar with this car and weigh the pros and cons before I truly decide.

What do you mean building one up>? suspension? body kits? engine? Wheels? skylines aren’t cheap thats all I know

I’m looking at engine build up and aesthetics. I want to do some number crunching on how much it will all set me back so I know what I ma getting into before I purchase one. If it’s way out of my price range, I will look at a different car to purchase.

Your qustion is so broad. wHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WNAT TO DO?? An engine rebuld can cost anwhere from $3000 to infinity $$$$ depending on what you want. You need to ask a specific question to get areal answer…Example i want 300 whp How mch to achiets ETC…

WTF guys? His question was easy for a Skyline owner. He want’s to know reputable company that sells parts that he can buy from. From there he can price out what he wants…(example. Wings West for Body, STILLEN for Engine, ect, ect.)

Thanks Steve. Seems that people can’t read :smiley: Like i said, I want to know what companies you use to purchase parts for your RB25s. That’s all I was wanting to know. From there, I will take a peek, see what the costs are for certain things, yadda, yadda, yadda. Pretty simple question I think.

So if you don’t have any URLs or names of companies, then don’t bother replying. That’s all I want to know right now. Thanks.

I’d check out phase2 motorsport (http://phase2motorsports.stores.yahoo.net/index.html) and Raw Brokerage (http://shop.rawbrokerage.com/main.sc;jsessionid=7679734AEB3736A57EA8D1A982325814.qscstrfrnt04)

Phase 2 has performance parts and some stock stuff, while Raw brokerage has mostly stock replacement parts but still has some performance stuff I believe. I’ve dealt with both and both are excellent (Both will ship USPS = Good in my books).

Quick question, what’s it going in? Skyline I’m assuming?

Thanks Styles. I’m looking at purchasing a R33 GTS25T next year. So right now I want to do my homework and see what kind of upgrades are available for this engine among other things. Hopefully next summer I will have one.

Its called google , i was under the impression your wanted some advice on what to do.

http://www.google.com/search?q=rb25det+parts&rls=com.microsoft:en-ca:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GWYE

Google will give you many companies that will sell you whatever you want no need to get your Sentra panties all bunched up when people are just trying to help. Ill be sure to skim over your thread wehn you come around looking for help on how to fix the thing.

For fuck sakes man, who’s getting there panties in a bunch?! Right from the start you’ve been shitting on my answers and were getting all frustrated at me. All you had to do was read my first post. All I was asking for was names of companies. And yes I visited Google and as you have probably seen there are a lot of companies but as my ORIGINAL POST said…

“I have a question, what are the more reputable (REPUTABLE-key word!!!) companies that sell parts for R33 RB25DET ? Namely engine mods. Thanks.”

So why the shit parade? I asked a simple question that required a simple answer. But you decided to get all up in my face with replies that make YOU look like your panties are in a bunch. So don’t threaten me or place blame on me when I never once insulted you. All I said was to read my first post because that was all I was asking for. Nothing more.

I think your the one tha needs to start reading closer. No where in my post did i shit on your answers. All my replies where trying to help you out…Afterall i do have a modified RB25 and have gone through the process with trial and error.

Im not here to shit talk you, ill just come shit talk you in person at a meet if i wanted to do that.

Look at your replies to me. My impression from them is you were frustrated and thought I was some sort of idiot for asking a question like that. Feel free to re read the thread, you will see what I mean. I don’t know if you are just having a bad day or what, but your replies came across to me as if you were pissed off at what I was saying.

OK, so back on topic, enough of the drama. We can discuss this further in private Flavio or over a few beers :smiley:

I know there are questions people still have for me, what I am wanting to do is build up the RB25DET to 400 rwhp. I don’t care to go ballz out and plant more than that to the wheels. Maybe later if my wallet gets deeper.

I was speaking with Tokes and he gave me some good advice. So now I am wondering if anyone else had any thoughts or advice for me. I was told a build up would cost around 4-5 Gs. That includes a freshen up on seals and gaskets on the engine, rods, belts, etc. Does this seem fairly correct? Then obviously if I wanted to upgrade the turbo it’s gunna set me back another 2-3Gs.

Also, how are Greddy & HKS parts? Or should is there other brand names I should stick with?

Sorry, very late post, haven’t be here for a while.

You’re definitely on the right track. From what I’ve read in other forums, the stock block (pistons, rods, etc.) can handle 400hp. Of course this is pushing it on stock limits, but it is do-able. If you don’t upgrade that, then there’s the turbo (stock turbo will not take you that far).

Some people have been using Holset turbos (stock diesel engine turbos from Dodges) with their RBs and impressive numbers have been popping up, not to mention that you can find ones on ebay for ~$500. Something to keep in mind if you want to save a little money. Of course there are the other turbos too: Garrett, Greddy, HKS, etc… but they will run you at least a grand brand new.

After the turbo, is the exhaust manifold. You are somewhat limited here, as the most popular ones are f-in expensive. Off the top of my head, these include the Full Race manifold and the 6Boost manifold. The 6Boost one is cheaper (~$1500) and is still high quality with the equal length runners and dual scroll (I believe)… or you can go with an ebay manifold and get the welds strengthened (not really recommended, but do-able).

Sort of lastly, the engine management. First find a tuner you like (if you aren’t gonna tune it yourself) and ask them what management they prefer. Some of the more common choices for RB upgrades are the Apexi Power FC (Ebay only pretty much) and the AEM EMS (someone probably can name more, that’s just off the top of my head). These will run you over a thousand, PFC run for just over a grand on ebay and the AEM is 2k.

Then you have to consider widebands, downpipes, fmic (if you don’t have one already), probably an intake manifold (greddy is pretty much the only worthy canidate, imo) so plumbing isn’t a whore and any other goodies involved with turbo upgrades and such (gasket sets are usually $250).

These parts will run you up to 3K very very quick, and that’s not with upgraded internals, so expect this not to be cheap at all if you plan to upgrade internals. Just research on RB specific forums, I’d recommend nicoclub.com and skylinesaustralia.com. These will guide you in the right direction. Just read, search, and read some more… and the sponsors for the nicoclub forum supply part too.

Okay, the end of the essay. Hopefully that gives you a good idea of the future ahead of you, I’ve given you some tips & tricks that I have learned from reading the forums (Holset turbos, stock internals can handle ~450hp, etc.). Hopefully that’s a good start for you, you just need to realize that everything can’t be handed to you (not a shot at you, just saying you need to do some leg work, you know, before you’re up to your tits in engine parts that don’t help you out).

And as I stated, rawbrokerage.com is an excellent place to get some of these parts, as they stock a lot more performance parts now.

You’ve set yourself a goal of ~400whp. . .What is your budget going to be?

What type of driving are you going to do with this? Full race, daily driver. . .weekend warrior?

Do you want to stay twins or go single turbo?

Each decision will branch off into a pool of other combinations of parts. . .

Another thought. . .don’t be a brand whore, do some research, look on other forums, read up on parts before you buy them to see what R&D went into it and what the cost vs. gains are. . .

Good points, but note he’s doing a RB25 build, not 26, so no stock twins for him.

But I totally agree, you can’t do enough research.

Yeah It depends on what your goals are for everything. I say if its going over 400hp I would build the bottom end to be on the safe side. But thats just me Builds aren’t cheap if they are done properly. You can get 400 horse from a big turbo but I question how long your engine would last. I did tons of research before I started my build and there is not many people on here that would be any help whatsoever because no one deals with big hp’s. No offence to this site but I would go on skyline forums and Australian forums where guys actually have lots of knowledge with their cars asking a bunch of guys who drive sentras and altimas probably won’t have any feedback on driving or modding skylines.

Talk to GTR dad or something he has a sick car.