skype keeps popping up, driving me nuts.

Hey guys.

I have skype with skypein and skypeout.

I use a xact usb phone with skypemate to handle the phone.

I’ve been getting a weird problem sometimes with skype.

Every 30 seconds it will just steal focus and pop up, showing my buddy list. I close it, it does the same thing until I restart the computer.

In the time it took to type this post, it popped up twice.

Its sort of pissing me off, and the skype forums aren’t great.

www.testmyvoip.com

Post your detailed results.

yeah justin, I actually just got rid of skype for similar problems. Shit was great for about a year, then just a few months ago the software got all buggy with their latest version (it would bring my PC to the BSOD everytime I left it running, besides other wierd problems).

try finding an older version and it’ll probably clear it up :tup:

[quote=“JayS,post:2,topic:24886"”]

www.testmyvoip.com

Post your detailed results.

[/quote]

Yeah this problem i’m having has nothing to do with call quality.

Its excellent, better than my sprint pcs cell phone.

Never had a drop or anything.

Here’s the results over shitty time warner roadrunner.

Media Quality MOS 3.5 / 5.0
(Best with G.711 is 4.4)
Degradation Sources
Codec 0.58 37.6% Latency 0.00 0.0% Packet Discards 0.95 62.4% Packet Loss 0.00 0.0% Codec G.711 (PCM at 64kbps,
20ms RTP payload,
80kbps IP BW) Round-Trip
Latency 126 ms Packet Discards 2.8% Packet Loss 0.0% Loss Periods Min: 20 ms Avg: 20 ms Max: 40 ms Random Loss Jitter Min: 0 ms Avg: 7 ms Max: 44 ms

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:3,topic:24886"”]

yeah justin, I actually just got rid of skype for similar problems. Shit was great for about a year, then just a few months ago the software got all buggy with their latest version (it would bring my PC to the BSOD everytime I left it running, besides other wierd problems).

try finding an older version and it’ll probably clear it up :tup:

[/quote]

Thanks man,

Actually I put a new version of skypemate usb phone driver on there, it seems to be working ok now.

I think skype is pretty kickass. I got skypeout when it was 14 bucks for the year, and skype in for 30 bucks or whatever a year.

For 50-60 bucks a year, unlimited calls its a great deal.

I use it for the business also, we do sales calls on it.

The only gripe I have with it is the lack of caller ID support. When I call someone it comes up as blocked or worse 01234567. Thats mega unprofessional. But until skype comes up with a way to insure no fraud will happen, they won’t offer callerid.