Smokindiesel's 1996 Dodge Cummins 12 Valve

ya G/L mike…get that shit done i want a ride focker :slight_smile:

Thanks Joe … Thanks Guff!!!

Also got to hold my ATS Pulse Flow Exhaust Manifold & CFM+ Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold. VERY NICE Pieces …

Oh … Im excited to get this thing done!!

Pics!!!

Sounds awesome.

haha your coming out this way and giving me a ride when your done asshole

LOL … Will do dude!!!

Get off pittspeed and get this bitch done !

LOL @ your post Shaggy. Good motivation!!!

Well today was a pretty productive day! …
Removed turbo, exhaust manifold, intake, intake manifold, & head. Cleaned the deck, checked the block and everything looks GREAT!!!

Underneith the head … I was honestly slightly concerened that we would see some piston wear, mainly from running some runs at high temps (15-1600 egts) … but everything honestly looks BRAND NEW!!! (WooT!!)

Threads are tapped for studs, and replaced the front seal & timing cover gaskets.

I had a slight oil leak before … One from a stressed oil plug (changed) … but most of it was comming from those two gaskets from being crooked, cracked, pinched, etc. It was a mess … LOL … But all is good now.

I forgot my camera … and I only snapped one quick picture with my phone before we removed the head and turbo.

She’s comming along to say the least!

Worked on it for a few hours tonight. Removed the old downpipe, did some work on the oil pan, cleaned the deck up some more, re-checked pistons and cyl. walls. (The cyl. walls STILL have the crpss-hatch from cummins the day it was built … still plain as day!)

Assembled some stuff on the stage 3 head … (#60 valve springs, intake, etc.) and got everything painted. (Side note … talked to Greg from GMS Racing Engines that did my head … I thought he took 14 pounds of material out … he said it was 18!!!)

Tomorrow Andy and I are going to try and get the Stage 3+ head on, and tourque the ARP headstuds down … hopefully tomorrow it will start comming together!!

Took a few pictures … Engine compartment is a MESS from dust, oil, dirt, grinding, etc.

And the parts pile is getting bigger of the take off stuff …

Lookin’ good bud!

Man how much faster will it be without the pressure washer weight in the engine bay??

Oh BTW - you got some funny lookin pistons.

Thanks guys!!

The removal of the pressure washer will add at least 50hp … :rofl:

Your just jealous your pistons don’t look like that!! :love:

18-1 compression is where its at

Another productive night …
Got the new headgasket on … stage 3+ head on and ARP headstuds in. I got through 5 torque rotations on the studs … and will do the other 3 tomorrow. I am hoping to also bolt the exhaust manifold on tomorrow, along with the turbo & downpipe. We will see how it goes.

nice…now get the damn thing done lol i expect it to be running by the weekend

Going as fast as I can … LOL

Definitly wont be running by the weekend … Still waiting for injectors, laser cut dv’s, intercooler boots, and water meth kit to get here!! …

Im hoping to get it running soon … at least hear it soon. There going to be a ton of tuning to do … Soon enough!! … Plus with customers trucks, its kind of a back and forth thing between working on mine … and working on theres

Well yesterday was another productive night on the truck … Its really starting to come together now!! … And I received my water/meth kit from the big brown truck!!

I finished tourqing the headstuds down, and also got the pedastals (newly machined btw) tourqed down.

ATS 3-piece exhaust manifold on & tourqued, Turbo is on, and got the new downpipe installed as well.

looks great mike…wheres the comparison pic of the old & new turbo

I knew you were going to ask me that! … LOL … My battery died in my camera, so the last two were taken with my phone. I was in a rush, and it never crossed my mind dude. It was getting late as hell … Im sorry :frowning:

booooo i knew ould 4get

Got the CFM+ Intake Manifold On Saturday. But … thats all I got done. Ended up working on a customers truck the rest of the day.

Hopefully Monday will be productive!