Girls car is back under the knife.

Short story. I broke my 2004 Jetta 1.8T last fall. I hit a wheel and tire on the thruway a year ago and it fucked up 6500$ worth of stuff. The cross member where the dog bone connected was caved in and never repaired… nobody saw it. Last fall, from the fucked up angle it had on the transmission, the bolt snapped off and cracked the trans case, so I parked it.

What it used to have in it:
1.8T, K04-022 turbo with MBC set @ 24psi.
APR 93 tune and some added tuning on top of that for the K04.
380 injectors on stock FPR.
CIA and silicone turbo inlet.
2.75” core FMIC with 2.5” greedy IC piping.
42Draft MkIV K04-022 3’ downpipe catless, 3” magnaflow muffler dumped under the car.
Spec Stage 3 clutch and Autotec light weight flywheel.

Plans… 380+ whp around 18-20psi or so. 450WHP I would be really happy with.
Brute Rods
JE 9.5:1 pistons
ARP rod and head bolts
New rings, bearings, head gasket…
GT3076 .82 A/R Vband
ATP Bottom Mount manifold
Tial 38 open dump
siemens 830cc injectors
Walbro 255 inline pump
Eurodyne/TAPP 830 BT software
EuroJet 3” race FMIC (or something that will still fit behind a stock bumper decent)
Take my EGQ code O2J trans and the EBJ tdi trans and make one good transmission.
Pelioquin LSD
Other crap I have not thought about yet.

what do you think? I am open to suggestions and any usefull info you all might have. :ninja

Leave it fucked and give me your front end? :smiley:

Sure, 10K and the entire pile is yours.

Hey keep the build thread on topic, we’re talking about cars here not sexual transactions.

I don’t need the whole pile, I have my own pile. :rofl
I just need most of the pile.

all bolded suggestions… think about it.

Thanks dude I will def be chatting with you. The o2m is the gli 6 speed trans isnt it?

Motor is out. Trans is off and most of the crap on the block is taken off. The wiring was the biggest pain in the ass to take off, the rest was a piece of cake.

I am definatly goingto minimize/remove as much of the vac, sai, evap… junk that I can to clean up the engine compartment. I have to talk to Eurodyne and see what the can program out of the ecu so I can still pass inspection.

i dont have any of the SAI, evap,or any of that.

20th ae, 337, gli.

lookin good mike keep up the good work

Ordered the peloquin LSD, and some ARP flywheel bolts from IE. Transmissions are going to Hank in Princetown. We are going to use the EBJ (TDI gears) 1st, 2nd EBQ (1.8t gears) 3rd, 4th, and the TDI 5th. New bearings, seals and syncros. I already have 2, 02J’s. And to o2M swap it, takes alot more workand parts. Ill stick to o2j’s.

I have race poly dog bone bushings and motor mount bushings on order too.

Engine is mostly stripped, but I had to order a “special” long reach allen socket to take the head bolts out. that should be here wed. Then the motor is on its way to get machined.

I am going to go with the Brute rods, and the 9.5 JE’s 30R told me about.

Still deciding on the turbo itself, and the manifold.

word !

Cracked the piggy bank and ordered:

ATP 3" V-Band stainless downpipe
GT3076R .82 A/R V-Band hot side
ATP bottom mount manifold
Manifold to head gasket
Turbo to manifold gasket
Tial 38mm wastgate

Went with the ATP bottom mount over the Kinetic top, becasue I dont want to dick with making a custom downpipe, and I guess the heater core lines get in the way with a GT30 framed turbo. Aparently the oil and intercooler is a bit easier with the atp bottom placement.

Just waiting on the damn head bolt tool so I can take the head off and get the block going.

Dropped off the motor at Byods motorworks in g-ville. They build alot of dirt track motors, have an in house engine dyno room, and have been in business for a long time.

Will have it torn the rest of the way doen tomorrow, and will mic the cyclinders, and crank so i can order pistons and bearings.

moar pics plz

I would take more pics, but none of my parts came in yet, and I lost my camera. But I will look for the camera today and see what I can point it at.:ahh

i like build pics. especially if u can follow it in a step by step fashion.

Engine shop called back. Block looks like it is perfect shape. Ordered the IE rods, rod bearings, ARP head bolts, Headgaskets set and valve cover gasktets from SMS-Performance. Went with IE’s as the guy from SMS hooked me up.

Ordered front and rear main seals and main bearings from PAG Parts.

Looking for a JE piston dealer in NY that can get me some at a good price.

Tonight i am going to clean and paint the cyclinder head, and bolt up the manifold, turbo and what not.

Pm Jvg on here for a deal on je pistons