Girls car is back under the knife.

werd. I guess the guy I am having build the motor is a dealer too… i called him this morning, so if he cant get me a good deal… ill hit up JVG.

Boyds, the place doing my engine got them for $515 with rings. So I went with him.

i would have went with Brutes. a “deal” isnt what id always be after when doing a motor. IE has had some spun bearing/damaged journal horror stories in recent months from poor machining.

I read all about the ie vs brute… IE has been around for a long ass time. themore you have out there the odds will catch up and start showing issues. I got the updated rods, I guess they updated alot of little things and the machining was improved. I am sure they will be ok.

small pile of parts sofar.

Eurojet fmic will not fit the bumper to good as you can tell from my past icon pictures . There is alot of trimming needed for it to work .I have the eurojet piping with the greddy core, it has the map sensor built right into it. Its good for what little I have motor wise done to this car so I do not know about your set up .Id probably do a precision core or garrett

+1 nice

buy an O2J core. they shift like junk, dont really like shifting about 7,000RPM, tend to lock out of gears. the peloquin whines alot too.

i know this because i had that setup, and now im O2M and will never look back.

I need to get it running… and i already have 2 transmissions here. I dont have the money to find a O2M, return my LSD, get new CV’s, Spindles, or what ever else needs to be swapped on the front end to go 6speed. maybe someday, but not right now.

get a precision 600hp core. it will be plenty.

full swap, 1300$ peloquin 900 + install… hmm.

ive done the 02J peloquin thing, it sucked. O2M FTW

all that is changed over is power steering line, slave line, hubs

you can get a full swap on vortex for 1300-1600 usually. stock 02M axles are used on Force Fed Engineerings 813whp SFWD car, stock flywheel + a clutchnet disk and pressure plate is good for a 30R setup(300-400$), everything else works. in the long run youre better off going O2M and i mentioned it long before you bought your stuff. but hey, im just trying to help you out, as ive done it already

Easy slim.:tongue I picked up the second transmission months ago when all i thought I needed to do was put the crossmember in and put a working tranny back in. At this point, I have $400 for the tranny and $800 for the diff. I might be retarded but I dont understand your math above.

Are you saying full swap for $1300 + 900$ (LSD) + install??? Plus O2M clutches are more $$ than the O2J. Example ECS S3 clutch kit, no fw: O2M: $852.00, O2J $511.00 And the LSD is more expensive for O2M… $955 VS $890 for O2J.

So I am looking at $1300 for Trans and swap parts, $995 for LSD, $852 for clutch. So we are talkin $3147 in parts. for a O2M MINUS LSD install and MINUS rebuild parts $$$$ for old transmission.

My 02J I have $280 for the TDI trans, $852 for the diff and I already have a S3 clutch and fw with less than 3Kmi on. So I have $1132 in this so far, between the 2 transmissions I ams sure there are enough pieces to rebuild and make one good one, and all I have to do is replace some bearings for peace of mind. Shit I could blow 2 O2J’s for less than the price of the O2M swap. AND even if I wanted to sell my shit I have now, I am still spending more money that I dont have… I need to get this biach rollin SON.

Your information is still valid, and I know you know your shit… just workin with what I have at the moment to get the car out of the weeds behind the shop!

have fun shifting about 7k. when i did my peloquin in was 899$ for it. 02J axles suck stock up if you plan on driving the car hard. running out to 7500 my car would lock out of 3rd, and that was with new syncros, and only 28k on the trans internal(gears)

spec clutches arent that great.

i dont know where you buy parts but an Clutchnet disk for stock O2M flywheel is cheap and so is the P/plate for stock flywheel.

O2M diff costs more because its bigger. my 02m has 74k on it and shifts better than my o2J did with 7500 miles on it(original VW, untouched) i have no LSD in my car now and it drives better than my diff’d setup did, and i cut a better 60ft time.

after selling my diff’ O2J, the O2M clutch/flywheel from my swap i only spent 500$ for an O2M swap with a clutch and flywheel kit and that included sourcing my own starter, ps line and clutch line, wheel bearings. night and day difference. and no more broken axles.

(i sold my peloquined O2J for 1200$ :lol)

and p.s whats that easy slim comment??? i dont get your humor, i dont even know you

I am glad you made out with the upgrade. You def. did your homework and came out with a good setup. I never doubted that. And the slim comment was just a joke, casue you got all “i mentioned it long before you bought your stuff. but hey, im just trying to help you out, as ive done it already”… I was just joshin with you back. Hense the gayass: :tongue.

New topic:

I painted the ATP manifold and hot side of the turbo last night with the VHT 2000Deg silver, so it doesnt rust and look like shit. And bolted them to the head, to mock up the downpipe and get started on the wastegate recirc. So i go to mount the wastgate and it hits the compressor. Would have been nice for ATP to tell me that I need a wg elbow. So i looked around and they have a cast one for like $90. and ebay has some ghetto stainless ones for like $25. I am thinking of just getting 2 flanges and making my own. Plus then I can place the wg in the perfect spot in the car.

any ideas? easier solutions?

make an elbow. thats all you can do.

with a pagparts manifold, no elbow needed :thumbup

I was looking for that pagparts one, and couldnt find one and was too lazy to call them. :banghead

I guess i am going to order 2 flanges and some SS tubing.

but now you have to take the time to make a “we suck at R&D and our wastegate flange is ill-placed” elbow. sucks. even the PPT Logger is a better option. AL@pagparts.com is an easy way of reaching him

I delt with SMS with other things, and stuck with him. Thats why I went ATP. The way I figure it, It isnt that bad, as i can now place the WG where it will be best, and I had to fab up pipe to begin with for the recirc so it isnt that bad.

So I call broadway auto to see if they can IMMO defeat my ecu, and they cant do it. The we talk for a min about my new plans.

BA: What turbo are you running?
ME: 3076R .82
BA: Ohh what intercooler are you doing?
ME: W/A 750hp core with heat exchanger and 2.5gal reserve tank for ice
BA: Thats dumb… blah blah… You are better off with a FMIC, becasue you can run more boost and run more timing. (as If you cant do that with a WA)
ME: Well it is going to be a track, highway car mostly
BA: I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on turbo setups, WA intercoolers arent worth it. “But you sound like a big guy, so it is up to you.”
ME: :wierd
BA: If you want us to flash you a K04 software we can help you with that
ME: :shifty
ME: I am running 830cc injectors. I am shooting for 400+ HP on pump, and who knows what with race gas &/or meth.
BA: You wont need 830cc injectors for that, they support 1200HP. With an injector that big… (I knew where this waws going) your injector pulse will have to be so slow… it will idle like shit… :’( You should just run 560cc injectors
ME: :crazy UMMM, Tell me where I can get 560cc software for my 1.8t??? I gota go, bye.

WTF was that all about?

what software are you running??? get EURODYNE.ca 830CC file, it comes immobilizer defeated, and all emissions removed. that guy is a joke and is an APR dealer anyway, do you know what you are doing? and im asking a serious question here.

and please enlighten me as to why you went with a .82 ar exhaust housing.

hello lag.

Honestly this is my first full build. I did the k04-022 swap myself, and tuned it myself on the road. It made great power and ran flawless. I am sure I could have made more power from a real tuner but i didnt have the money to do it, and wanted to learn my self. I do alot of reasearch on any project I take on; cars, computers, stereo, home theater, bikes, fishing, pottery… ok maybe not pottery. My father drag raced cars for a long time, and ever since I could drive a car, I have been spinning a wrench. I have done lift kits, lowering kits, bags, body work, paint, you name it I did a little of it at some point. The biggest thing that holds me back right now is, like alot of people money and time. I just bought and remodeled a house, got engauged, have 2 dirt bikes, a street bike, extra car… then all the house stuff I wont even go there. But I need my car back on the road… I am tired of bombing around in the shitbox. But on the flip side, I dont want to “cheap out on the processor”. Thats why I am doing the build. If I wasnt a computer nerd, I would be an engineer. I know alot about how stuff works. I understand the injector pulse width, spray pattern… enought to make it work and make it work well. For someone who runs a bussiness, and spends “hundres of thousands of dollars” on turbos… within the first 2 minutes I could tell yeah I am sure he built alot of stuff, but I could tell he seems like a douche. Fuck the commenthe made about the injectors, he didnt even ask the other essential information as in, what FPR, fuel pump(s) line pressure, fuel rail, cyclinder head… Let alone he doesnt even know that software companies that tune vw’s dont even have a 560cc tune.

.82 from what I gather, reaches full spool + 200 rpm over the .63, but flows 3-4 LB/Min more. Est spool for the .82 is 4,400.

BTW, I dont call my self a pro by any means, I just like to give it a shot and get it done. Everything i ever took on in life was trial and error with hands on work. I dont drop a check and dump a project off at a shop/store. Everything I do, is sponsered by my of 40hrs a week, no outside funding, from age 16 till now.